Joining of Countries

Currently playing a mirror game with Clausewitz and was slightly miffed when first Romania joined me at the end of my turn (in the game where I've got the Axis). A couple of turns later Turkey did the same.

It's fair to say that Causewitz is wipping the Germans backside and with the bad timing of the entries of Romania and Turkey I didn't have the opportunity to tech up in readiness to defend.

Obviously it's the same for both players and will even itself out in the long run. However, in real life countries would be more likely to join when it's most advantageous.

Something that needs looking at?

No Sealion. It's an odd game where Clausewitz invaded Italy before they had joined (as outlined in another thread) whilst I attempted to take out France completely (no Vichy) which failed.

Germany is now hard pressed by the Russians who controlled Odessa at the time of Romania joining. Goes without saying that tech 3 Russian tanks versus bog standard Romanian units can only have one outcome. :-)

Personally, I think when a country joins it should do so at the start of the turn so you have the chance of teching up and/or move units.