CMAK BMP Issues?

Hello,

I have both the Battlefront 1.03 and the CDV Anthology ( CDV that includes CMBO, CMBB, CMAK, I bought few yrs ago ). The Battlefront version is installed in my Dell D810 Laptop using Win XP.

I Noticed a problem when playing British that I havent noticed in years.

In the Battlefront version, anytime after Desert scenarios ( Italy ), the British have round helmets ( almost like the paras ) instead of the traditional normal wide-rimed helmet, However, If I play a QB, the helmets are normal. This only appears if I dont use the 1.03 patch ( Out of curiosity, I reinstalled CMAK w/out patch to see what it would look like, and the British helmets were normal for both scenarios and QBs ).

The CDV version, the problem is the same ( the CDV is already fully patched ), the British helmets anytime after desert scenarios are round, except when playing a QB where they are normal.

Is this an issue that others have had, and if so, what is the fix. While on the subject, is there any other BMP issues that I should be aware of.

Any info would be appreciated.

Joe

So you're saying that if you install the 1.03 patch for either the Battlefront or CDV version of CMAK, then you will get British infantry with 'rounded helmets' in scenarios that involve Italy/Sicily (post May '43) ? If you do NOT install the 1.03 patch, then you never get the 'rounded helmets' ?

That's strange and suggests a change in the British infantry soldier 3D model rather than the textures. The 3D models exist within the game executable itself and not with any external file. When you launch CMAK it definitely says "1.03" in the lower right-hand corner of the first splash screen, is that correct ?

Hey Schrullenhaft,

Yes, if I install 1.03 for the Battlefront version ( it says 1.03 at bottom right of screen ) I have that problem...The CDV is 2005 release so I assume its fully patched.

This only happens with post '43 Italy scenarios...Desert, Crete, etc, are ok for both Scenarios & QBs

Its just strange that the problem is with the scenarios and not with the QBs...You would think both are affected.

I wonder if downloading some Uniform Mods from the website Combat Mission Mods Warehouse would help any.

EDIT: A point of interest.

I can use the Scenario Editor to make a New Battle, and the Commonwealth forces do have the proper helmets.

However, when using the Scenario Editor to modify a scenario by deleting all the old commonwealth units then adding them back, the helmets are still wrong

Edit #2

Ok, after further investigation it looks like there were only a couple scenarios ( aftermarket ) that had this problem as all others had normal commonewealth helmets.

It now seems apparent that those scenarios must have been corrupt during download ( original CMAK scenarios and most of the aftermarket scenarios all show commonwealth helmets ).

Schrullenhaft, thanks again for all your help.

Joe