Flickering screen CMSF

I have a problem. Some weeks ago I've made some improvements on my computer. I've installed Windows 7 64 bits and a ASUS EAH5770 video card, among other things. When I start CMSF now, the screen starts to flicker. I can load the game, walk through the menu and start a scenario, but the flickering continues. Can anybody advise me how to solve this?

My computer is a AMD Athlon IIX4 640 Processor 3.01 GHz with 4 GB RAM.

What exactly is happening with this 'flickering' ? Are you speaking of the whole display as if it is a problem with the Vertical Refresh or is this a redrawing of objects in the 3D window in CMSF ?

Which particular Catalyst driver do you have installed ? Have you enabled the 'Vertical Sync' within either the Catalyst Control Center or the CMSF 'Options' panel ?

• 3 weeks later...

In case somebody experiences the same problem, it is solved now, but I haven't found out what did the trick exactly. It might have had something to do with the drivers, but I really don't know. I made a complete new install of Windows 7 and new drivers among other things.

Just for future reference.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I know what the issue is with Vista and Windows 7.

You need to change the desktop appearance settings back to Windows Classic, or Standard in Control Panel -> Personalization -> Window color and appearance.

CMSF does not like Windows Aero or other customized appearance /color themes.

You can also leave it at your customized settings and right click on your CMSF shortcut icon -> properties -> compatibility and check "disable visual themes" and "Disable desktop composition" ... but that does not work every time. Best to leave it at default color and themes if you play CMSF all the time... and who doesn't ? :D

Sorry to hear that you had to reinstall Windows and video card drivers, but I am afraid it is just a windows' setting, by reinstalling windows you have set your window back to the default that's why it worked.

I actually liked the Aero settings... can we have a patch to fix this please? ;)

Thanks

• 4 years later...