Warning!Radiation from damaged Japanese reactors headed to U.S./Canada!

Just got this and feel I should share it; especially urgent for any members on West Coast, as time is short.

Begin message

It is a meltdown

Real time map of radiation measurements throughout the USA updated

every 3 minutes

http://www.radiationnetwork.com/RadiationNetwork.htm

Radio Active FALLOUT from JAPAN NUKES - Food Safety -

Potassium Iodate - Avoid Strenuous Aerobic activity outdoors

It has been confirmed that the Fukushima Incident is indeed a meltdown.

Just in from Stratfor:

http://handthatfeedsyou.blogspot.com/2011/03/meltdown.html

_______NUCLEAR FALLOUT MAP Alaska 6 days. California 7 days after

incident.

GET THEE Potassium Iodide to protect thy Thyroid. Stay INDOORS. NO

strenuous aerobic exercise outdoors.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhxvdya8Ld1qz5ew6o1_500.jpg

Regards,

John Kettler

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that a radioactive tsunami was headed towards California. Hawaii was already struck by it, turning everyone into flesh eating mutants. The Hawaiians deny this, but that's exactly what the mutants would do. Please spread this message!

Other Means,

STRATFOR--Global Intelligence is reputable, is a heavy hitter in its field, and on its site cites an official Japanese nuclear agency, Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency (NISA), as declaring a meltdown occurred. Much easier to read there than the tiny white on black version in the link I was sent. Further, its own sources have separately confirmed the report. Wish this was garbage, but I've got friends and relatives up and down the West Coast, and tomorrow, my brother travels to Hawaii.

Regards,

John Kettler

Well, then, why didn't you warn them about this last week? Stop being such a selfish prick and start using your earth sensitivity to do something useful, rather than whining about every little twinge, itch, and runny nose before hand then running about like a self-important know-it-all chicken-little after the event.

Incidentally, the Japanese earthquake/tsunami/nuclear emergency is rather big news at the moment. I think it's a little unlikely that anyone with access to the internet would just now - 2 1/2 days later - be finding out about it on an obscure wargaming forum.

For what it's worth a lot of people in Japan are working very hard to avoid a meltdown, and while it is a possible result still, it has not yet happened.

The Stratfor website is quite good at some things, but I would not trust them to know that a meltdown has occurred, before government agencies even know.

That said, likely that even if a meltdown did occur, it would not reach the US West coast probably.

JonS,

If you actually checked the site I post on, I (and others) reported heavy symptoms and sadness BEFORE the quake and tsunami struck. I knew something bad was coming, but not the where. Oh, and watch the name calling!

Wicky,

The post wasn't mine as far as content. The housework/compulsive cleaning thing is a well-established indicator among many of the sensitives for an inbound,near term large event.

abneo3sierra,

If there was no meltdown, perhaps you can tell me why large supplies of potassium iodide are being rushed to the West Coast as we speak? Just got that from a trusted contact, who also informed me multiple reactors are involved, not just one, and their releases will apparently wind up in Russia. As for the Fukushima Incident's release not reaching us, have you ever heard of the jetstream? It's how the Japanese fugo balloon bombs got here during World War II.

Regards,

John Kettler

Is anybody thinking of the children?

I am thinking of the workers at the nuclear plants.

Can you imagine what they are going through?

I already offered a family from Tokyo that we know to stay with us in Vienna. Of course they won't come (both parents are medical doctors) but I hate to see something bad going their way.

Best regards,

Thomm

So you're rehashing weblinks without taking care to check their sources under panic filled headlines...

Are you and your group of 'sensitives' OCD and prone to panic attacks and anxiety?

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder where a person has recurrent and unwanted ideas or impulses (called obsessions) and an urge or compulsion to do something to relieve the discomfort caused by the obsession. The obsessive thoughts range from the idea of losing control, to themes surrounding religion or keeping things or parts of one's body clean all the time. Compulsions are behaviors that help reduce the anxiety surrounding the obsessions. Most people (90%) who have OCD have both obsessions and compulsions. The thoughts and behaviors a person with OCD has are senseless, repetitive, distressing, and sometimes harmful, but they are also difficult to overcome.

JonS,

The post wasn't mine as far as content. The housework/compulsive cleaning thing is a well-established indicator among many of the sensitives for an inbound,near term large event.

Unless one or more of hte reactors does actually melt down, the amount of radioactive material released is pretty much insignificant unless you are directly in the path and close to it - if any makes the Americas it will be able to be detected only by the most sensitive systems - if at all.

Of course if a reactor does melt down and breach containment it's another story.

However this is also an exercise in risk management - backup cooling was provided by diesel engines ....but the engines themselves were taken out by the tsunami and apaprently there's no 3rd level backup - "rapid shutdown" takes power production down to about 6% of max...which is still a lot and has to go somewhere for a at least several days until it slowly runs down further.

Perhaps the sea shore is not such a great place to put a reactor??

Fukushima_I_NPP_1975.jpg

From here - blog on Nuclear Energy 101 particularly in relation to the Japanese reactors, their design considerations, what is going on inside the cor and why, etc. - a good woo-less read.

From here - blog on Nuclear Energy 101 particularly in relation to the Japanese reactors' date= their design considerations, what is going on inside the cor and why, etc. - a good woo-less read.

I <3 Maggie Koerth-Baker

Seriously. Her coverage of this meta emergency has been great, and her science reporting in general is outstanding. I'm really glad they have her at BB.

I knew something bad was coming

BFD.

I have had a long-standing challenge to you, running now for literally years. You've not once in all that time been able to gainsay my uber predictive abilities.

Come back when you have something that's actually interesting. Your sore head, runny nose, and itchy knee are not interesting. Neither is your OCD.

I already offered a family from Tokyo that we know to stay with us in Vienna. Of course they won't come (both parents are medical doctors) but I hate to see something bad going their way.

Best regards,

Thomm

True - and in any other thread I wouldn't have been so flippant. But as it's JK there's zero credibility here anyway.

Hey SO any info on what aviation assets were lost at the Sendai airport? I'm pretty sure I saw a few military aircraft smashed up onto a hangar there.

There's some photos here that show light a/c among the cars, and a video here that shows the wave coming in, but no a/care obvious in it - there may be 1 or 2 in the background - it's hard to tell - but I haven't seen or heard anything other than the news reports.

JonS,

abneo3sierra,

If there was no meltdown, perhaps you can tell me why large supplies of potassium iodide are being rushed to the West Coast as we speak? Just got that from a trusted contact, who also informed me multiple reactors are involved, not just one, and their releases will apparently wind up in Russia. As for the Fukushima Incident's release not reaching us, have you ever heard of the jetstream? It's how the Japanese fugo balloon bombs got here during World War II.

Regards,

John Kettler

Well, I contend that there is no rush of potassium iodide to the west coast of the USA..I do know that Japan has sent some to Tokyo, etc, as a **precaution** only.

And yes, some balloons made it from Japan..however, balloons are designed to ride on air, while the radioactive particles are heavier than air, and will fall with the rain, across a wide swath of the Pacific, if indeed it happens...still, an ecological disaster, I grant you, but not one that is likely to have a *DIRECT* impact on CONUS.

News that iodide was being distributed is "old hat" now - there has certainly been leakage of radioactive materials - some of it deliberate to relieve pressure.

that doesn't require a melt down.

At least some of the places that recorded high levels are now back to normal.

I've yet to see any evidence that the amount of radioactive material will cause anything like a disaster other than to the workers and residents nearby who copped it at short range.

In the rush to post my reply I missed something..John K...are you implying that you forecasted this quake?????

If so, I find myself in the awkward position of agreeing with JonS.... you cannot "predict" something after it happens....and if you really consider yourself capable of predicting it, then your time would be better spent in some study group probably, no offense intended.

Best regards,

Thomm

My wife is Japanese (3rd generation in America though, so not directly hit) but some of her relatives still have connections in the atomic energy infrastructure there, so I have had (admittedly 3rd and 4th hand) reports of what has really been a valiant effort on their part, nothing short of a "last stand" by an army defending their homes behind them, if they are able to avoid the total catastrophe of a meltdown, they should get whatever the highest civilian award for bravery that can be given to Japanese.