CM:BN Pre-odered

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I pay for it do I get a code and on the day of release it will ask me for it when I try to download it?

When you pre-order, you get your license key immediately. It is saved in the customer account that is created for you online automatically, as well. Unless your email filters block battlefront.com, you also receive an email with your key and download link right away (it won't work until the release, though).

The key is used for the download, as well as for the activation of your game (after you install it).

I don`t understand items 4 or 5 in the Explanation on the product page.. Please elaborate for me.

Which do you mean? You'll have to copy them here to I know which you mean.

Also If I wait `till release day and order the Pysical shipment and Download do I get the printed manual?

If printed manuals are still available, yes. You will have to pay $5 more than for the current pre-order deal though ($65 plus S&H).

Martin

Shipping & Handling, i.e. the fee that covers Battlefront's cost of processing, picking, packaging, addressing and mailing your physical copy of the game. (It does not cover customs or import VAT etc., where applicable for international orders)

What if you want to give away one as a present?

The person getting it can, even by accident, use up all your activations.

And how many will you give back after all are used up and somebody calls service?

I plan on simply ordering it twice ... one SteelBook and one D/L only from two separate email accounts and using two different credit cards. The D/L copy I'm giving away on Insidemacgames. I hope that overcomes the possible issues that could arise with only one serial number. Or I could always run my "trivia contest", determine the winner, and just get them to buy their own copy and PayPal them the money.

If you have a problem with only one key because you don't trust the person you are ordering, you can always place two separate orders, for one copy each. This is the best approach for Download Only orders which do not have S&H, and therefore there is no savings (except a few minutes of extra time) for placing one order or multiple orders.

Another option is to purchase "Mail only". Each physical box comes with its own key.

If you *really* have a good reason for separate keys for Download&Mail orders, you can always go to www.battlefront.com/helpdesk, and ask for them. For example, we have a few group orders for Normandy from gaming clubs that ordered a dozen or more copies and obviously these people are not family or even close friends, so they got separate keys.

Since this is a manual procedure, we'll only accept the request if there is really a good reason for it. In the vast majority of cases having one key is in no way insecure, and in fact it can be beneficial (only one key to remember).

Martin