CM:BN Pre-odered

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, no, actually everything—or at least almost everything; it seems like everything—only gets worse. I take it you are 50-something, so already your life is on the downhill slide. Obesity, chest pains and shortness of breath, increased body odor, failing eyesight and hearing, the list goes on and on. Don't even mention sex. Yeah, your goose is pretty much cooked.

Have a nice day. :)

Michael

Man you need some exercise.....:)

No matter what the marketing says, Amazon is not giving away its shipping "for free". Somewhere in the price of the products you buy that shipping cost is built in. When talking about a for profit company with profit hungry execs, investors, and shareholders... trust me, nothing marked "for free" is really free.

Steve

Interestingly, Amazon fired most of its marketing department and instead ploughed the money into paying for S&H.

You are of course right that the customer is still paying for it of course.

Steam annoys me quite a bit, but one questionably useful thing it does do is record how many hours you spend playing a game. You can also see how many hours your 'friends' spend playing. Thus whenever I want to bait a friend of mine, I threaten to reveal to his wife that he is up to 1260 hours playing team fortress 2.

How is this relevant? Well for any game I particularly like I'll easily rack up over 100 hours. When I look at the entertainment cost per hour for the game it might be 20 or 30 cents. Compared to buying books, seeing movies, going to restaurants, working out at the gym it's cheap cheap cheap. If you look at the world this way then whether you are paying $10, $15 or $20 bucks for shipping is kind of immaterial.

When I started buying video games in the mid-80's they cost $60 plus postage. This one costs about the same 25 years on, so in real terms it's waaay cheaper.

You can agree with my perspective and be happy, or complain about the price and be grumpy. I prefer happy.

How is this relevant? Well for any game I particularly like I'll easily rack up over 100 hours. When I look at the entertainment cost per hour for the game it might be 20 or 30 cents.

That is a good way to look at it , CM actually saves you spending money on other forms of entertainment :)

I think the EDITOR for me is what makes the game (and resulting community of files) , endless amount of possibilities because of it , 1000s of hours of play. Without the EDITOR for me the software wouldn't be worth as much.

Battlefront is not EA , in fact we are lucky to have BF in this market place at all the way PC strategy games were going.

EA's cleaned up their act a bit lately... Activision are the real bad guys now. A shame, they were involved in making some of my favorite games a decade ago.

They're both evil, but Activision's worse. The CoD series by itself is enough to warrant that. At least the people at DICE are innovating what with destructible environments and such.

But ya the DRM stuff is the big thing. Also raising prices... Starcraft 2 was $59.95 at release... crazy. Activision's raised the standard for video game prices. Don't get me wrong, SC2 was worth every penny, but still...

EA's at least SAID they're going to stop absorbing small companies that make unique games (Westwood anybody?), firing half their team, and then forcing them to work on some generic shooter... don't know how well they've kept their promise though, haven't looked into it lately.

Yes Tiger you get your license key on order so once it is available you can download and enjoy the game on its release date. You Steelbook and manual will ship so your hard goods will be on the way after release.

Quick question about pre-ordering.

When I pay for it do I get a code and on the day of release it will ask me for it when I try to download it?

Please help `cos I`ve never pre-ordered a downloadable game before. (honest)

I'm new to this forum and I too was a bit concerned that I didn't understand the Battlefront download ordering service. So I practiced by ordering all 9 Combat Mission games and that one about the tank. I'm pretty happy I understand the procedure now.

But I think there is something wrong with your tank game. I own an XBox 360, a Playstation 3 and a Wii so I would classify myself as an elite (1337) gamer with elite (1337) gaming skills(z). But I couldn't get that tank game to work properly. I did everything. I mouse clicked on all the controls, I randomly hit all the keyboard keys, I even reinstalled my video card and mouse and keyboard drivers. Nothing. I just kept getting blown up again and again. Plus I couldn't get it to work with my game pad.

I'm beginning to think there is a design flaw in the game itself. I don't want to tell you people at Battlefront how to do your job, but if you don't want to alienate the elite (1337) gamer demographic you might want to rethink your game design philosophy.

It's funny because it's true (although not the bit about owning a Wii or a Playstation).

I did download the demo of T72 though. I used to be a simulation buff and one of my favorite games was M1 Tank Platoon. But T72 is stupidly hard. As is iL 2 sturmovik. If feel I need to go to tank driving school or flight school to play these games. I mean, I love a challenge, but I like the games I play to be easier than my job (which is also stupidly hard).