Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Some hexes abandoned and a question.

Some odd behavior by the AI regarding leaving critical hexes.

At Sep 15 1917 when I was playing Central Power the Greece units had a HQ in Athen but then it left the city and made it unoccopied so I just could marsch in. They had a corp on either side but neither of them entered the city and the HQ was in no real danger either so really no reason why to leave Athen.

The Greece didnt surrender tho but continued to fight on regardless even if it had lost it capitol and did not have a alternative capitol.

They did have the cities Patrai and Kalamata left tho but neither seem to be a alternative capitol. I assume they went into exil and fough on but it would be good to know what country do that, as well as what countries have alternative capitols.

Sep 22 1917 The same thing occured, The english HQ abandoned El Alemein where it was standing and left the town empty, they also had a corp standing next to the town but that didnt not enter the town but just stood beside it, this made it possible for me to just walk in.

Seems to be a issue when a HQ leave a hex.

I have also mentioned this before but to verify it the AI when playing French does abandon the hexes after a while in the Vosges area

except the cities, towns and Belfort. This has happened in both my games as central power on normal.

The three hexes between Nancy and Belfort named Eipinal and are behind the river should be hold at possible because it is a great defensiv line for the Frence and if as now left open make it possible for the german to pour into french main land. I hope you can script this so the french keep the frontline intact here.

So my question, can you please clear out for us what countries go to exil and keep on fighting even after their capitol is taken?

Or even better mark it on the map beside the capitol somehow much like alternate capitols.

You can toggle on off alternate capitals highlights in the advanced options. And in the manual it says that countries don't always surrender immediately. They randomly will continue the fight I think by multiplying there remaining units by 6%. So they could last an extra turn, or possibly a few before surrendering.

Thanks crispy131313 for the input, that said however I did know about the alternative capitols,

I have them on my map but what I was looking for was info regarding what countries do go into exil and do not surrender.

Like Belgium and I assume there are others but I dont know exactly who.

Hi Worg64,

Thanks for this and I think I found the problem as it was related to a small change I made to the code for this release that ended up in a unit reorganization bug.

Consider this fixed for the first patch.

I will also make adjustments to the French line at Epinai and for the question on which countries will continue to fight once their capital is taken the answer is pretty much all of them *might*... it just depends on whether or not a surrender check has been passed.

As Crispy mentioned, taking the capital might cause them to surrender right away but they may continue to fight for several more turns if enough defending units for that country are still on the game map.

Page 44 of the manual describes this in more detail.

Hubert