DE 108 - Sieze Gold in Fort de Frnce

I am confused with this whole series of events. I know the Germans said no to DE 507 as I got a message about the Greenslade-Robert agreement. So when are my British presented with DE 108? Or, do I just declare war on Vichy France and invade Fort de France?

In another game, my Germans took France, and were never presented with DE 507! Are these definite events, or is there the possibility they do not fire?

Hi Johan,

If Germany said no to 507, the British will be presented with 108 only when France has surrendered and when Vichy France is Axis but not yet mobilized.

After that London has to be in British control and then you just have to wait for the #TRIGGER to kick in as DE 108 only has a 50% chance of firing off at the end of your turn.

For DE 507 to be presented to the Germans, France must be surrendered and Vichy France needs to be Axis but not yet full mobilized. Paris also needs to be in German hands.

Hopefully this helps and for an explanation of all the conditions for Decision events, this can be found in the Manual under Appendix B.

Hubert

Thanks Hubert,

So just to be clear, if vichy is 0% but AXIS, then as long is i control London, I have a 50% chance of getting the event. Is that 50% every turn, until it is triggered, or only a 50% chance one time? And presumably, if I declare war on Vichy and invade, I get nothing?

And as for DE 507, if the allies recognize Vichy Frnace (say no to the Free French), then the Germans do not get presented with DE 507 - is that why i did not see it one time? Then if the allies do that, how do I get the three battleships mentioned, and do I have to invade Algeria to get them, or is it via diplomacy or what?

Thanks,

Johan

Hi Johan,

It would be 50% every turn until it is triggered.

As for the rest, pretty much anything that changes the required conditions will result in you not being presented with the described DECISION event and subsequently not being able to receive the items/bonuses etc. based on the DECISION.

While many of them are connected, there are pros and cons to each decision for both sides so that ideally it is all evened out, i.e. if the UK does not recognize Vichy France then those ships naturally would not be available to the Germans.