Must See Movies: a "waiting" list

Well, I'd like to add a film to the list. The Tanks Are Coming is an excellent black and white movie. It has authentic Shermans, a Pershing and an 88. The Panther's that are in the movie are obviously a mock up but the combat is still good.

Regarding my title, ever since reading the post from Michael Emyrs on page three of this thread about the movie Armored Spearhead(movie about French tanks in WW2) I've been trying to locate it. I've tried Amazon, E-bay and Belle and Blade, no luck. Anyone know where I could buy or find out more information about this film.

Thanks,

Brian

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding my title, ever since reading the post from Michael Emyrs on page three of this thread about the movie Armored Spearhead(movie about French tanks in WW2) I've been trying to locate it. I've tried Amazon, E-bay and Belle and Blade, no luck. Anyone know where I could buy or find out more information about this film.

As I recall, it wasn't terribly good. So I expect that by now it doesn't likely exist except in some dusty corner of a film archive somewhere. It might be worth taking a look at, but only for a true zealot. SFAIK, the score, which maybe was the best part, hasn't ever been independently recorded.

Michael

Thanks for the quick reply. By the way, I was looking at a World War 2 movie thread on another site and found out some interesting information. The rights to the Russian war movie series Liberation have been bought by Belle and Blade. They are working on a version with English subtitles. This information is second hand so, I'm hoping it is true.

Thanks,

Brian