Fun Challenge 2011

Maybe add the more critical and complex nature of US war readiness and how German actions in respect to this can affect the complicated timing of the Japanese expansion. Also, naval action far more important given now both sides have significant naval presence in various theatres and choice as where to shift resources and concentrate is critical.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good assessment Bob and I concur with most everything you said, but I always thought SC was about strategic positioning, although obviously you must be flexible enough to react to your opponent's moves, just make sure those reactions are based on consequential developments.

No doubt USSR is key for the Axis and I've just about wholely come to the conclusion that denial of MR pact and advanced deployments for a late Summer, early Fall, 1940 invasion is most advantageous. Of course if the Allies allow a Sealion, I'm also going to be prepared for that eventuality, just give me an opening, BAM! Then the picture changes to the Med with an eye towards a ME thrust into the Caucasus.

Ahh...the Nippon perspective, my favorite, been working on a little change for the future, but acquiring the SRA and an outer defensive perimeter has always been the focus in the past.

What do you think? With the new AA slot for ground units, I'd like to see the air game get a little more flexible(cut back the build limits), maybe with fighters getting the FB research slot for ground attack enhancement, and of course all air gaining double-strike option, fewer units that can perform more diversified missions. I mean, after all, they are the fastest, most reactive unit in the game. Doesn't make sense, if Tanks & Mech. get two, you know air should probably get three, sans bombers(with "heavy" option), which take a little more attention with heavy ordinance and fuel for long range missions.

Current Ladder in Group A:

1. Clausewitz: Axis 4-0-1; Allies 1-1-3

2. Dragon: Axis 2-0-0; Allies 2-0-0

3. Gronq: Axis 2-1-0; Allies 0-0-3

4. Sharkman: Axis 1-0-1; Allies 0-0-3

5. David12345: Axis 1-0-1; Allies 0-0-2

6. Catacol: Axis 1-0-0; Allies 0-0-0

Current Ladder in Group B:

1. Pacestick: Axis 3-0-0; Allies 1-0-1

2. Sandy: Axis 2-0-0; Allies 0-1-1

3. Rambo: Axis 0-0-0; Allies 0-1-1

4. Javi: Axis 0-0-1; Allies 0-0-1

5. Jollyguy: Axis 0-0-0; Allies 0-0-1

6. Shaun: Axis 0-0-0; Allies 0-0-0

At all players: Please verify the results. I know that some matches are not over but I suppose that Group B need some more results for a real ladder.

Update in Group B and a new leader:

1. Sandy: Axis 4-0-0; Allies 1-0-1

2. Pacestick: Axis 3-0-0; Allies 1-0-1

3. Jollyguy: Axis 0-1-2; Allies 0-0-2

4. Rambo: Axis 0-0-0; Allies 0-1-1

5. Javi: Axis 0-0-1; Allies 0-0-1

6. Shaun: Axis 0-0-0; Allies 0-0-0

• 3 weeks later...

Current Ladder in Group A:

1. Clausewitz: Axis 5-0-1; Allies 1-2-3

2. Dragon: Axis 2-0-0; Allies 2-0-0

3. Gronq: Axis 2-1-0; Allies 0-0-3

4. David12345: Axis 1-1-1; Allies 0-0-3

5. Sharkman: Axis 1-0-1; Allies 0-0-3

6. Catacol: Axis 1-0-0; Allies 0-0-0

Jon, just sit tight, we're all awaiting GOLD and then the gaming will begin in earnest. I've been working on the Allies, it's high time these guys became competitive, the Axis are a cakewalk to play.

In the mean time, go over to Matrix and get "Unity of Command" and check out their supply model, something Hubert and Bill need to sample. It's only $30, makes you wonder about the reasoning for $25 GOLD, of course SC is so much more.;)

• 1 month later...

Nice, how about it guys, why not share a summary of the action as it unfolded for the forum members. Always thought provoking to share strategy decisions, turning points and various mechanics of play with everyone. Consider it an investment into competitive skill level of all SCers, after all, "a rising tide lifts all boats".:)