How to change major status in editor

I'm curious how you change which countries are defined as majors and which as minors in the editor. I've tried digging through the help files and the manual and can't figure it out. It's probably something really obvious I'm missing, but I'd like a little help on this one!

The definitions can't be changed as such, but the countries can be renamed so that you aren't constrained to the countries set as Majors in the default campaigns always being the Majors in mods.

For instance, in the WWI game there will be a number of campaigns which have Belgium as a Major. We just renamed the Russian slot by adding a localization.txt file to the campaign, which included the lines:

; Country IDs

#RUSSIA= Belgium

In the campaign.ini file we amended the fourth line to read: #CUSTOM_LOCALIZATION= 1

Then we changed some of the unit sprites and the flag sprites to reflect that they are Belgians and not Russians, and there we have it.

If you are editing a default campaign to switch a Major to a Minor or vice versa, then you will also need to amend the territory ownership in the editor.

Hopefully this helps, and there are other examples from previous releases and mods too.