Infantry Enhancements

HARI SELDON

Aside from being able to issue orders to complete squads, (which we can already do) are there any other enhancements to the infantry portion of the game? Will command squads be able to affect squads/weapon teams morale and performance? Will the infantry AI be able to execute selected battle drills?

Any information would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
Aside from being able to issue orders to complete squads, (which we can already do) are there any other enhancements to the infantry portion of the game? Will command squads be able to affect squads/weapon teams morale and performance? Will the infantry AI be able to execute selected battle drills?

Any information would be appreciated.

sorry dude, the devs sometimes do not come to this forum. like yourself, i am more interested on the improvements to the infantry than any other aspect of the game.

I was playing the game a little a couple of days ago and was forced to bring in an officer to calm down panicking surviving men from two decimated squads. Similar situation happened several times. At least with green troops you'll have big problems if their officer is killed (or he panicks himself). In addition, they now can be taken prisoner (in desperate situation they became 'neutral' and stay this way until rescued by former buddies).

I was playing the game a little a couple of days ago and was forced to bring in an officer to calm down panicking surviving men from two decimated squads. Similar situation happened several times. At least with green troops you'll have big problems if their officer is killed (or he panicks himself). In addition, they now can be taken prisoner (in desperate situation they became 'neutral' and stay this way until rescued by former buddies).

wow, this is really good. the game is becoming more and more like close combat and less and less like rts. which is very good. The tow series should be more about game and less about being a click fest.

your company has one and its called men of war.

I also like the fact that the infantry is now squad controlled.

I don't think so. I have that unpleasant feeling that the change is just cosmetics, meaning that from now on, when you click on a squad member, the whole squad gets selected (instead of a double click). But I really hope I'm mistaken and that the infantry AI got a significant boost to their intelligence. Oh I really would like to see squad members finding the best cover possible while under fire, without player's intervention. It's not that difficult to implement as it may sound. Just introduce an additional colour based texture overlay of the main map that would characterise the infantry cover system. The bigger "cover" tex map resolution, the better the infantry cover system. A dream of mine is to see the series as tactical games in which the player wouldn't be bothered by constant tweaks of movement/attack paths of his units and their behaviour. Artificial Intelligence is what needs the urgent attention now. Boost it up to the limits never seen. Bah. Use neuron networks or other advanced logics, sucking up all of CPU power. I don't care. Make use of multicore CPUs that are so common nowadays. Anything, just please tweak that AI! So we could have a tactical real-time warfare game everyone dreamt about. You're so near to it.

I don't think so. I have that unpleasant feeling that the change is just cosmetics, meaning that from now on, when you click on a squad member, the whole squad gets selected (instead of a double click). But I really hope I'm mistaken and that the infantry AI got a significant boost to their intelligence. Oh I really would like to see squad members finding the best cover possible while under fire, without player's intervention. It's not that difficult to implement as it may sound. Just introduce an additional colour based texture overlay of the main map that would characterise the infantry cover system. The bigger "cover" tex map resolution, the better the infantry cover system. A dream of mine is to see the series as tactical games in which the player wouldn't be bothered by constant tweaks of movement/attack paths of his units and their behaviour. Artificial Intelligence is what needs the urgent attention now. Boost it up to the limits never seen. Bah. Use neuron networks or other advanced logics, sucking up all of CPU power. I don't care. Make use of multicore CPUs that are so common nowadays. Anything, just please tweak that AI! So we could have a tactical real-time warfare game everyone dreamt about. You're so near to it.

agreed. let your squads do most of the work. more like cmsf.