ATI problem: How to ruin my vacation.

Seeker

Having reviewed various posts re: ATI cards, I suspect the answer is, "You're toast". But I thought I'd check for suggestions.

The standard drill on vacations in my house is that my wife heads for the beach and I have a chance to sit in the shade and play CMAK. I've been doing this for a number of years on my Thinkpad T60 (1680x1050 screen), and my T40 before that.

The T60 caught a virus last fall and, after rebuilding, CMAK (and CMBB) refuse to detect any resolution above 1280x1024 (and the closest available resolution to wide-screen is 800x600, hello netbook). Just discovered this feature, of course.

Video is ATI Mobility Radeon X1400. ATI's web site has no drivers for this card (see your computer manufacturer's web site). The machine has Lenovo's latest driver rev 8.593 (09/2009), and (natch) earlier revs are not available. All anti-aliasing options are off, of course.

Here's the cruncher: We leave tomorrow afternoon. Any thoughts on how to rescue this situation would be appreciated (I'm down to punching random Catalyst buttons ...).

Thanks ...