Colored Casualty text mod

To make the box smaller unpack and make a few changes. I went into it and made these changes:

ENGAGING:

Firing (------ (shorter fire line)

( OH **** !! ) (Removed the word Cowering, and replaced with just the (OH ****!! )

ACTIONS:

Casualty († MAN DOWN † ) Lose word "casualty" and change to just : † MAN DOWN †

This still made words pop out, with smaller box.

All credit of addition of cross symbol from Vein's original mod.

There some wonderful graphics and sounds mods out there, but Vinnart, you have singlehandedly improved ease of gameplay with your intuitive idea. Now I only wish we could have wounded and KIA listed as graphics in the main center bottom display.

Is your improved mod also available?

The Mod is available on post #23. Just download the zip file I uploaded. Give it a try. I find when I am viewing from a far the text now gives a clearer, more visual picture of what is up with the squad i.e Cowering, and casualties stick out as well as how many of the squad are currently engaged. The symbol for fire visualizes the shooting in the text.

Yeah, perhaps the red color weapons icons could stay in the squads container, and get a small label on them WIA, or KIA when removed from the map keeping track of who the sqaud lost. The red weapon icons still on the map whould show what weapon is down, and which soldier on the map they are. Anyway something along those lines along with what floor/passenger status the squad is in would be helpful when camera view is further.

I would imagine it's too subtle for most players. For me the large bases got in the way of seeing where the units were. They are really only there to tell me who needs buddy aid etc.

That's why I appreciate BFs indulgence with modding: it allows us to change things to our tastes.

I prefer the information feedback to be as subtle and unobtrusive as possible, however most people who play wargames are only secondarily concerned with visuals (as observed in all those hex based strategy games), and want the feedback somewhat screamed at them. And of course there is nothing at all wrong with that. :)

I very much appreciate your approach Vein. I wish more visual modders also created more realistic graphics as well. I still think the vehicles and uniforms look too clean and unworn.

But, these seemingly simple and obvious interface mods you created are excellent and finally I actually notice what my guys are up to.

How can we persuade BFC to adjust the weapons symbols to show WIA/KIA like in your mock up? That would be SO useful.

New! improved small box version! In making the box smaller from my first build of this I have made the following improvements, and I am sticking with this FINAL build. There is a zips are of a bold face, and regular type face versions. I recommend this version over the first build I uploaded (post #23). this one i will submit to the repository. Enjoy!

LEADER text:

cleaned this up, and better shows seperation of teams within squad.

SMALLER TEXT BOX:

Word "Casualty" removed and replaced with: † MAN DOWN †

Word "Cowering" removed and replaced with: ( OH ****!! )

Word "Aiming" removed and replaced with symbol more resembling rifle sight shape: \*^*/

Word "Firing" removed and replaced with "animated" firing line: (----------

ADDED:

exlamation points after word "routing": Routing !!!!!!

post-20605-141867622167_thumb.jpg

Viin animated text FINAL bld.zip

Vin animated text FINAL reg.zip