Using Battalion/Company HQ’s, and XO’s in CMBN?

Does that mean that the squad is effectively OUT of command for the battle because it's Plt HQ is no more?

Surely in a WWII context though, the Company commander could order such a squad to perform some action ?

Or is this a "fudge" that we've become used to using in CMx1 ?

This certainly happens with the Syrians, their squads become Platoon HQs all the time. I'm pretty sure it would happen to a US squad as well, but I rarely get their COs killed so I wouldn't know.

It only happens when ALL of the men from the HQ team are casualties, though.

XO teams can take over command, not subordinate squads. There are a few cases where XOs are located in separate teams even at the platoon level, for example the Syrian mechanized airborne battalion, where the platoon XO is in a separate "command" team. These are what you can see become a new platoon HQ.

CMSFc2_2.jpg

In CMx2 the player gives the orders to the squad.

Well, obviously - in CMx1 too :)

I realise my question was founded in the CMx1 need to get around the "out of command" penalty - which was the command delay - but which isn't in CM:BN, right ?

So what is the penalty for being "Out of Command" in CM:BN ? Is there some other kind of penalty ? Morale ?

From what I see the only way a unit is considered under command influence is by the unit showing up under its UNITS. An "Assign", or "Attach" (something along those lines) admin command would transfer a sqaud , or team from one HQ to another so when that HQ is double clicked the newly added sqaud/team is selected also. The new added unit would keep it's original designation name such as 1st sqaud/1st platoon/A Co. now "attached" to A Co. HQ. In this way a player can be more flexable in assigning teams to certain platoons ect.. like in Cmx1 only more complex now. Not sure what challenges this poses to the developers to add this, but I see it very usuafull just as this flexabilty was in Cmx1.