Settings for a balanced game

If its true that the AI gets a standard unit bonus what settings should I select at the start of a campaign to ensure that this is minimised.

So, for example having played Allies in Operation Z at Beginner with 0 Bonus. What settings should I set when playing Japan to given me the same starting units as the AI had when playing them?

If you play with the default settings as you describe above then all you have to do to disable any AI unit bonuses is to go to the OPTIONS->ADVANCED->SCRIPTS dialog when starting a new campaign.

If you then select UNIT scripts and go to page 6 you will see all the unit events that are flagged as 'AI' unit events. If you disable these by clicking on the 'x' and greying it out then they will not be applied to the AI as unit bonuses.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Cheers! I'll try that.

Incidently, I actually went back and started a new Allied campaign with the 'Fog of War' off, just so I could see how many extra units the Imperial Japanese Army gets when played by the AI, and I was quite surprised because it was only a difference of five units. At Beginner difficulty the AI starts with 69, the player starts with 64.

It felt like a lot more with the 'Fog of War' on, but I guess thats the point of it.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I actually took delivery of Global War yesterday, so I'm trying to work out how to cope with that now. I'm amazed by some of the events, the first time I played I had to keep stopping to look up stuff on Google, such as 'The Greenslade-Roberts Agreement'. Which actually took quite a while to find, and understand, before I could make a decision on whether to accept it.

Anyway, got to get on I have a German raider somewhere in the South Altantic to hunt down and sink.