questions

miller3492

1st: is the game going to be a bit more stable, ToW2 really lags in SP and a bit online when there are major battles.

2nd: will this game be on steam, if not, i recommend it and i know many people who are only willing to buy ToW 3 if its on steam. Steam is the reason i fell in love with ToW because i decided to give it a shot during a sale, one of the best games i ever bought, i own every one now and all DLC :D

Id also love to know the answer to question 2. Steam is a revolution in PC gaming. I think more people would be exposed to this game and hence buy it, as opposed to not having it on steam.

I personally love it because of the pricing, I picked up all of the theatre of war games and all DLC for $20, whereas on the battlefront website I have to pay $30 JUST for the Kursk and Caen bundle?!!?!

Id also love to know the answer to question 2. Steam is a revolution in PC gaming. I think more people would be exposed to this game and hence buy it, as opposed to not having it on steam.

It's a double-edged sword (or bayonet) unfortunately.

While it may help the game reach the general public, and gain some more $$$ for the devs, it also results in a lot of people impulsively buying it thinking it will be another CoH/Red Alert. Many of these people play it and become frustrated by the difficulty or learning curve - Which then results in them coming here (or 1C forums) to whine about the game, saying it's broken and suggesting it be made more like standard arcade-RTS titles.

Then possibly convincing their friends and other people that it is not worth buying for X, Y, Z reason.

I understand people like Steam because it keeps everything in one place, has various sales, and for mainstream games i agree it is quite useful.

But personally i don't think serious wargames benefit enough from being sold via Steam as the general public tend to be impulse buyers and not actual fans of the genre.

A similar issue arose with Arma2, a lot of people who bought it via Steam then came to the forum with complaints that it was too hard because they thought it would be just another FPS. Even a couple of people i know foolishly bought it without trying a demo or reading reviews, purely because it was on Steam and it "looked cool".

Of course i won't deny that some people were glad to have found it and might not have done so without it being available on Steam, but i still think the negative responses outweighed the positive.

Just my 2c.

But as Rosseau stated, it will be up to 1C, and from what i've seen lately they don't mind using Steam so chances are it will be available there too.

I don't know the details on this, but I would hazard a guess that TOW 3 will be on STEAM at some point. The Steam release is NOT published/supported by Battlefront, but 1C Publishing (1C Company's distribution arm) - as is the case with the rest of the TOW series on Steam.

I don't know if there will be a delay between our release date and Steam's (that's a contractual issue I'm not privy to). There might be simultaneous releases or there may be a significant delay before the game is published on Steam, since it would probably cannibalize Battlefront sales a bit.

I will buy TOW3 regardless of steam availability. I personally do NOT like Steam and would rather not have to sign on to steam to play a game. This is for variety of reasons including performance and security issues but that is a discussion for another thread.

It is refereshing to find people who differentiate a realistic simulation from an arcade-style game. You cannot compare TOW to CoH just as you cannot compare ARMA2 to CoD.

My main questions are:

1) When is this game available to buy?

2) Will there be a demo or Beta?

3) The addition of strategic elements such as support units sound great but what about the scale of the game? Adding strategic elements to a tactical game played on a relatively tiny map (2km x 2km) sounds odd. I only hope the scale of the game can be changed to a bigger map size for those who would want to play more strategic than tactical.

Bigger is better! At least give the users the option to play on bigger scale maps. For those who love the confined spaces and tight tactical fights, they can still choose to do so but it will open up this game to those who prefer larger scale warfare specially with added elements such as rapid transport (Hellis) and support units.

Over and out.