The Peng Challenge Thread (By Popular Demand)

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because I had a large serving of black eyed peas a few hours ago. Too bad you can't all be here to share the joys of the aftereffects with me, even though I find you all rather depressing.

Michael

You're at the Super Bowl?

Wait... let's work through this together, shall we?

If one holds to the premise that time is linear, then it is impossible to have earlier successes which were premature. They happened when they happened, therefore, they were not premature. They were just in time.

Now, I realize that when it comes to things premature, you are indeed a Master and no one stands before you (If they're smart), but what happened, happened.

Your armor. Your battalion. All blowed up.

When we discard the notion of the passage of time, it is understood that anything that has already happened is in the past, and can simply be ignored as irelevant to the present conversation.

Thusly any references by you to past happenings are meaningless in the present, and have no value in the current context of debate. Any foole knows that, apparently you are a special type of foole.

This fuelish behavior is often referred to as "Resting on one's Laurels" Laurus nobilis, being a European Evergreen, often used in ancient times as a symbol of honor and achievement. as in rest on one's laurels, to be content with one's past honors, achievements, etc.

You really don't want to be acused of that do you?

When we discard the notion of the passage of time, it is understood that anything that has already happened is in the past, and can simply be ignored as irelevant to the present conversation.

Thusly any references by you to past happenings are meaningless in the present, and have no value in the current context of debate. Any foole knows that, apparently you are a special type of foole.

This fuelish behavior is often referred to as "Resting on one's Laurels" Laurus nobilis, being a European Evergreen, often used in ancient times as a symbol of honor and achievement. as in rest on one's laurels, to be content with one's past honors, achievements, etc.

Normally correct Nidan1 but you ignore the well known precept that states, "Past Performance is Not an Indicator of Future Performance Unless You're Talking About Nidan1's Past Performance in Which Case It Is."

Okay it may not be that well known.

But perhaps you have heard of "A Cat Cannot Change Its Stripes" or "Once A Fool Always A Fool" or even "An Orange Moose Never Bugles In A Snowstorm." All of those point out that your sheer and utter incompetence at any version of CM is legendary and only eclipsed by the lack of tactical ability on the part of, say, Boo Radley who ... oh ... yes ... well that does complicate the equation doesn't it.

Joe

In debate class, your teacher was Zippy the Pinhead, right?

Normally correct Nidan1 but you ignore the well known precept that states, "Past Performance is Not an Indicator of Future Performance Unless You're Talking About Nidan1's Past Performance in Which Case It Is."

Okay it may not be that well known.

But perhaps you have heard of "A Cat Cannot Change Its Stripes" or "Once A Fool Always A Fool" or even "An Orange Moose Never Bugles In A Snowstorm." All of those point out that your sheer and utter incompetence at any version of CM is legendary and only eclipsed by the lack of tactical ability on the part of, say, Boo Radley who ... oh ... yes ... well that does complicate the equation doesn't it.

Joe

Joe , as with everything else that you post I find this all ridiculous, this particular post reminds me of the story of the Leopard that went to the physciatrist complaining; "Doc, Doc...he lamented....everytime I look at my wife I see spots before my eyes!!!"

The doctor ruminated for a few minutes and said in a profound way...."Well, what is the problem there?"

Frantic now, the Leopard moaned, "But Doc...my wife is a Zebra!"

Joe , as with everything else that you post I find this all ridiculous, this particular post reminds me of the story of the Leopard that went to the physciatrist complaining; "Doc, Doc...he lamented....everytime I look at my wife I see spots before my eyes!!!"

The doctor ruminated for a few minutes and said in a profound way...."Well, what is the problem there?"

Frantic now, the Leopard moaned, "But Doc...my wife is a Zebra!"

I imagine you know quite a bit about interspecies marriage, what with your wife being human and all.