disappearing tank

Yes, I've noticed it several times. This kind of things happen when none of your soldiers are looking directly at the ennemy vehicle (when it's out of their field of vision). First, the vehicle is indicated as "known" but not seen, then after a short while, it disappears if nobody is looking at it and if it makes no noise. And sometime, when your soldier is looking again in the tank direction, he fails to spot it again immediately. Of course, a normal human being would still know that the tank is there, even if not looking directly at it, but the AI memory is a bit like the memory of a fish ;)

invisiblegi.jpg

Hi. It seems that not only tanks are equipped with cloaking devices but the infantrymen too. That invisible floating rifle is a Russian soldier who my grenadier couldn't spot. Even though he has been looking straight at him for several seconds. Note that both chaps are only one meter away from each other, so even despite spotter's low spotting skill this situation mustn't have occurred. I think this is a bug, if you ask me. A seldom one, but still a bug.

Every other one of my infantrymen who advanced towards this invisible "Predator" was also unable to see him.

Also, I want to mention another thing. Have you noticed that even though you don't know the position of an enemy tank and it hasn't been even spotted yet, you can still find his whereabouts by looking for its exhaust fumes?

I find this particular bug in every mission. Both in Kursk+Caen 1.5.0 and Africa+Centauro.

I've noticed too the weapons as well as the exhaust fumes still showing sometime with units not spotted. There is also an issue that might be related to the same thing with the dead bodies (unspotted guns crew members that get killed by an explosion near them becomes visible when dead, giving away the emplacement of the gun. The same thing is happening with infantry, not just the gun crew)

I think the infantry should be given a 180-200 degree line of site, since really their head facing is always changing in RL

Good point about dead infantry. I've exploited that.

As far as exaust fumes, actually that can be used for targeting. seen it done once for real. The belch of a badly maintained deisel tank can be seen for a km depending on weather and wind, and ground height.

I agree with the idea of infantry having 180-200 degrees LOS. But the problem with my soldier from the picture (and with many of other soldiers that replaced him in his position when he was shot dead) was that he couldn't spot his opponent from 1 meter. Ludicrous.

As for exhaust fumes from, as you have put it, a badly maintained engine, I think that it should be included as a part of visibility/audibility icons, and certainly not as real graphic representation of the fumes without a tank model. This and the already mentioned visible dying soldiers or visible mg/artillery/open-topped vehicle crew members beyond LOS range are a serious bug that needs to be fixed either with a patch or in the future parts of these outstanding series. Not to mention entrenchments being a part of the map, thus always visible.