How close are we?

I am glad that BFC is taking all the time it needs "to get it right" and is not being rushed into premature release. Usually, games are released too early due to financial/contractual issues. We should be thankful that BFC can take the time that is required.

Am certain that the blow back from the initial CMSF release was a "never again" moment.

Huh? You mean they enjoyed all the hate mail that was generated? I well recall a lot of quite nasty stuff on several forums. It took many patches b4 CMSF started to dispel the disillusionment and win over folks (including myself).

I figured they're doing it the smart way now.

“in you opinion”

And by the way Steve, et al, don’t share it.

I actually agree with Erwin on that point. And I don't think the Steve, especially in hindsight, is very happy with the initial release of CMSF. I think he has even said as much here.

That being said, a lot of hard work went into making good on the shortcomings of the initial release. And to their credit it was not limited to bug fixes but also the constant addition of new gameplay features with every patch and module.

“in you opinion”

And by the way Steve, et al, don’t share it.

What do you mean?

If you are saying there was no "blow back" you must've been doing some good drugs back in 2007!

And if you are saying CMSF couldn't have used some more time in the oven...you must've been doing some good drugs back in 2007!

CMSF was in a hard state upon release...to BFC's credit they stuck by it and whipped 'er into shape...but it definitely had more teething than it would've if Paradox wouldn't have been involved.

Even us non bitchy, go with the flow guys, saw that.

Mord.

Huh? You mean they enjoyed all the hate mail that was generated? I well recall a lot of quite nasty stuff on several forums.

What do you mean?

If you are saying there was no "blow back" you must've been doing some good drugs back in 2007!

And if you are saying CMSF couldn't have used some more time in the oven...you must've been doing some good drugs back in 2007!

Mord.

No I didn’t say any of that.

I’m saying that I don’t think Steve would support the comments made by “Erwin” (I even quoted him to give my comment some context) - nothing more, nothing less.

Certainly it would have been better without out the externally created “release no later than” date from Paradox (and then the ongoing support issues).

Hence the now lack of Paradox involvement.

Well the only thing I can come up with then, from the quote, after re-reading it would be that there will be "never again" moments?

Either way, no biggie. CM:BN will be well worth the wait however long it takes...the DARs are showing that.

Mord.

Yeah, but thats 364 Blacks to one Red.

No no no...The game will be released no earlier than April and no later than June/July.

Previews will take place around February/March, so no ealrier than that, and game seems finsihed enough to not go beyond mid summer (Also, Steve needs some vacations).

This puts the release roughly between May/June/July. So, its already 90 to 1. Not that bad till now.

Optimist will say May, pessimist will say July. So, Steve says June-he is quite a balanced type. 30 to 1. From all the June days, one is D-DAY. Its so damn obvious!

I bet 5$ :)

Seem to remember BF suggesting sometime ago that day, date, time of release does not matter to them as they are not like other developers that need X sales in X time , BF are happy to see a steady flow over a long period of time. I maybe wrong but im sure something like this was suggested.

Seem to remember BF suggesting sometime ago that day, date, time of release does not matter to them as they are not like other developers that need X sales in X time , BF are happy to see a steady flow over a long period of time. I maybe wrong but im sure something like this was suggested.

So what you are saying is BF takes it like a Marathon,and not like a sprint.:D