Going IN buildings

Yes, definitely do the Area Fire first. If you enter a building (same or different levels doesn't seem to matter much) containing more than one active enemy soldier, even if you have 5:1+ odds, you will likely lose about as many guys as you kill. Cowering enemies are easy to kill.

ASSAULT, FAST or QUICK to get your troops to the building door (so you don't go to ground in the open) but HUNT or ASSAULT your way inside.

Best advice is don't enter buildings you don't have to. Actually sweeping out live enemies with your infantry is often very costly. It's just a very tricky situation. In most cases it's better to just pound the building with whatever firepower you have. Even if you want to enter it, still pound the crap out of the building for a while.

Getting multiple angles on the building is also important if it has multiple "rooms" so that the enemy doesn't just fall back to the rear of the building when you prep it. If you can't suppress the back or interior "rooms", consider the choice to enter it very carefully.

If you have to enter a building suspected of containing enemy, do like Euri says, before you enter a floor, do area fire at short range so that your guys "prep" the floor with frags. Only takes one volley of frags to ruin the defender's day.

Also try not to lose the initiative mid way through clearing a structure. If your guys get stalled or pinned, the situation can quickly go from bad to worse as they'll get massacred while they cower/try to withdraw. The only way I know to avoid this is to flood large buildings from several entry points. Enough fireteams in the building will usually insure that if one team is getting hammered, another will be hitting the enemy from another angle to take the heat off. Wall breaching and even entering through the roof can help you flood in troops.

Still no matter what you do, it's going to be risky. A 2000lb bomb is still the best way to clear a structure.

I think elsewhere there was a conclusion that ASSAULT is dangerous/unrealistic to use as if one team gets suppressed so is the other immediately similarly affected - the opposite of what you would expect, and rather useless.

Question: Just prior to a HUNT entry into a likely enemy occupied building I like to set a waypoint and area fire the building for 10 secs.

Which is best/most useful TARGET or LIGHT TARGET? Comments?

I don't know if it's my style of play (very slow and careful like recon at the start) or if I simply have not been confronted by some of the more murderous scenarios... But, I find if I take my time, I can get some sort of ID (usually) on an enemy in a building so I know when to blow the hell out of it. Otherwise, I rarely use "recon by fire" or shoot at things "on spec."

So this is my video. I am going to assume this is how NOT to do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGFaYyE8GvY

Great video. No seriously, most are other how to do it right and it's kinda useful to see some mitsakes that others make too. And well done for staying with and not quiting.

Main observation. Roofs are death traps to direct fire- use with caution. I tend to avoid the roofs without walls. (But seems to be an issue about Arty being less effectiv against roofs)

There's far better threads than I could give but read a few about overwatch and just pausing for a while to spot.

Also, infantry movement from what I picke up.

Walk if for safe zone only.

Fast for short distances (I rarely use it).

And Chemical Factory, yes use overwhelming fire power.