Pause button

I have been a strategic command player for many years and after reading about CMBN I have become interested in this type of game again, I downloaded CMSF v103 and I like the way it plays and looks, but I seem to be having some trouble or misunderstanding with the pause button and I would appreciate it if someone here could clear it up for me. In the rule book it mentions when you hit the pause button a fifteen second delay comes up and then a five second delay each time you hit the pause button, I have no problem with that, but in the book it says that a popup gives you more information on what you can do in giving orders, for some reason I cant get to that popup, probably me but it is annoying. For example I have nine troopers sitting in a stopped vehicle, I want the troopers to emerge from the vehicle and then have the vehicle move on to where ever I have ordered it to go in the same minute of play, I give the troops an order to move quickly to a spot outside the of the vehicle and then give the move order to the vehicle to go where I tell it to with maybe a 20 to 30 second pause delay, for some reason the troops do not leave the vehicle and after the alloted pause time the vehicle moves off, what am I doing wrong, is it possible that the demo is different than the regular game?

Bo

There are no popups in this game whatsoever. There are only context menus in certain situations, e. g. when you place a movement waypoint inside a multi-story building you can select the floor to move to or when acquiring weapons and ammo from a vehicle there is a context menu.

Troops wait to execute their move order from inside a vehicle until the vehicle reaches its last waypoint.

There are no popups in this game whatsoever. There are only context menus in certain situations, e. g. when you place a movement waypoint inside a multi-story building you can select the floor to move to or when acquiring weapons and ammo from a vehicle there is a context menu.

Troops wait to execute their move order from inside a vehicle until the vehicle reaches its last waypoint.

probably should not have used the word popup I guess? Please read the paragraph on pause and maybe clarify it better for me it mentions when you hit pause the second time you have more options, well the only thing I get is adding seconds on to the other times in pause, can you explain it better please?

Bo

probably should not have used the word popup I guess? Please read the paragraph on pause and maybe clarify it better for me it mentions when you hit pause the second time you have more options, well the only thing I get is adding seconds on to the other times in pause, can you explain it better please?

Bo

In my manual there is no mention of a "pop up" or more options.

Timed Pause - when you first select the Pause Command, an info

text appears next to the selected unit icon, saying “Pause

00:15”. This means that the unit is going to wait in place (but

will continue firing, if applicable) for 15 seconds before continuing

with any other orders. Each further click adds 15 seconds

to the timed pause, for a maximum amount of 1:30 min (the

longest selectable time for timed pause).

Pause - The next click sets the Pause Command to a “Pause for

further orders” status. This is identical to the “Pause” used for

Instant Commands, and is additionally indicated by an activated

“Instant Pause” button. The unit will stay in place until

the player clicks the Instant Command “Pause” button again,

after which the unit will resume any pending commands.

Un-Pause - The next click resets the cycle and clears the Pause

command. At this setting, the unit is not going to pause.

What part are you talking about?

As for the vehicles, troops will only dismount from a vehicle which has NO movement orders, which can be a bit unpractical. So you have to first dismount before you can order the vehicle to go somewhere else.

In my manual there is no mention of a "pop up" or more options.

What part are you talking about?

As for the vehicles, troops will only dismount from a vehicle which has NO movement orders, which can be a bit unpractical. So you have to first dismount before you can order the vehicle to go somewhere else.

Thank you the part about what you just wrote that troops will not dismount if the vehicle has orders to move, that clears up that part of my question, what I was doing was ordering my troops to dismount and instructing the vehicle to move 30 seconds later and it was not happening, thank you.

Bo