Have YOU spread the word?

So, now that this forum is bustling with activity looking at the number of posts and more importantly, views how busy has everyone been praising the CM gospel?

When the demo comes out I am sure to hype this baby on several Finnish gaming sites full of lurking CMx1 veterans. :cool:

I have also gotten several of my friends that played the original CM games back in the loop. :D

I want CM:BN to be successful as much as you and everyone else here does.

Just beware saying that it's "better than CM1" as you will raise expectations that cannot be met.

I predict a "less than optimal response" from the CM1 community just as there was with CMSF if they hear that CM:BN is supposed to be an improvement over, or successor to CM1.

The CM2 game system is a different game to CM1 and (personally) I play it and enjoy it for different reasons than why I still play CM1.

Maybe someone can make up some nice sigs that advertise the game for others to use on other gaming forums. I'm sure there are plenty of younger gamers that are unaware of the CM series that would like more of a thoughtful tactical challenge. I'm thinking Total War forums are full of naive young gamers we can corrupt.

I only found out about CMBO by it being recommended on the old CDV Sudden Strike forums years ago, and it seems unless your a regular to the more groggy gaming sites you may never know what your missing out on, so I'm keen to help promote.

Bodkin, I'm sure the guys at BFC will produce a video trailer eventually. That is probably the best way to grab the younger generations (me included, only 24 here :D ) attention.

see BF , this is why a POLL system on the forum would be helpful ... we could anonymously post our age without being embarrassed :) .... just think of the free market research ...

see BF , this is why a POLL system on the forum would be helpful ... we could anonymously post our age without being embarrassed :) .... just think of the free market research ...

I remember a poll on the forums back from CMBO/CMBB days and I think the average age was 42 or something... :D

see BF , this is why a POLL system on the forum would be helpful ... we could anonymously post our age without being embarrassed .... just think of the free market research ...

There is a poll system on the forum. We just don't use it.

I remember a poll on the forums back from CMBO/CMBB days and I think the average age was 42 or something...

It was slightly lower back then, in the mid to upper thirties. It had actually decreased over time as well, to the lower thirties / upper twenties a couple of years ago.

I posted the news over on a major Total War franchise forum - and I am talking thousands of active members.

It will be interesting to see what kind of response the post receives as, although there are few true grogs there (as we would characterize them), the constant whine on the boards - after AI complaints - is why can't the TW series be more historically accurate.

Well, here is a game that actually does provide that experience. Wonder if there will be any takers?

I posted the news over on a major Total War franchise forum - and I am talking thousands of active members.

It will be interesting to see what kind of response the post receives as ...

You mean apart from your getting a personalised "nastygram" from the admin people?

Most sites / forums have specific rules about not advertising other products on their sites.

Yes, there's a right and wrong way to do it, but I'm sure even non-WWII gamers may be interested in this title. So we'll do what we can.

Despite our impatience to see it released, I hope BF holds it until it's ready. Nothing worse for sales and PR than to release too early with lots of problems.