CM:BN Beta AAR/DAR Bois de Baugin - German side

There is a bug with soldier placement in foxholes and, sometimes, trenches. It should be fixed soon.

The Panzerfaust glitch was fixed since this build. Basically, there was a "hotspot" in the model what was incorrectly set so that the Panzerfaust appeared half buried in the ground and was dragged along as the soldier moved. Produced some very funny screenshots at times :D

Steve

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15: Stalemate

The ammo for the HMG-42s on Hill 144 (one of them is in the image above) finally starts to run low, around 20 minutes after they first started firing. By ‘low’ I mean they each only have around 5-600 rounds. That’s still enough for several minutes of fire, but not so much that I can just leave them chattering away.

37-farming.jpg

Barrel change animations?

No barrel change animations. That would be super cool, but it's not in our budget (so to speak).

Steve

I forget what the section is called on lower left of the screen (not on the GUI) in florescent green letters. But will it at least say something to the effect of "Changing barrel"?

I'm concerned about whether the German infantry will be helpless if they run out of specific anti-tank assets. Do infantry in CMBN have any way to fight armor absent dedicated anti-tank weapons? In CMBO/BB/AK there was the ability to mob armor if it came too close to infantry, although of course that was abstracted. It had the (to my mind realistic) virtue of forcing armor to treat hostile infantry with at least a little respect, especially in close terrain. Is there anything similar in CMBN?

If not, how will things be handled with, for example, Soviet infantry or early and mid-war incarnations of the game where bazookas/panzerfausts/piats are not a factor? Will armor simply be impervious to enemy infantry?

Those rounds hitting in front of that P IV are a nice tight grouping. Are you sure that's not some sort of a bug? Or something in the code that can be tweaked? I've seen this alot in CMSF. Particularly when tanks are firing HE or HEAT rounds at infantry in trenches. The rounds always seem to short more often than long.

If it is a bug and it is going to delay the release...then please, by all means disregard. :D

(Of course after the release all of us will start bitching that it is a bug) ;)

37-farming.jpg

I guess after that many rounds the front of the MG is gleaming in copper.

Man I remember pointless hours wasted by cleaning that crap of the successors. :D

Or, wait, did they use copper as mantle back then?

Yeah, cleaning the good old MG3 is just pure fun.

...going to the Feldwebel, he looks at it..."bah thats not clean enough"...going back and try to look like you are still cleaning although your are 100% sure it is already clean...

:D

The rounds always seem to short more often than long

Maybe I´ve misunderstood your point, but if not, it seems like there´s a perfectly simple explanation:

If the rounds were hitting any longer they would either:

1. Hit the Jagdpanzer

or

2. Pass above the Jagdpanzer and end up miles away.

That´s why you only see the traces of the rounds that are hitting short.

Maybe I´ve misunderstood your point, but if not, it seems like there´s a perfectly simple explanation:

If the rounds were hitting any longer they would either:

1. Hit the Jagdpanzer

or

2. Pass above the Jagdpanzer and end up miles away.

That´s why you only see the traces of the rounds that are hitting short.

It's just an observation on my part. But it seems consistent with what I have seen in CMSF. Short rounds seem to have tight groupings that are directly in front of the intended target. And MOST seem to be short

Only testing will prove me wrong or right. But it struck me as interesting that there is a tight group in front of the P IV.

It's just an observation on my part. But it seems consistent with what I have seen in CMSF. Short rounds seem to have tight groupings that are directly in front of the intended target. And MOST seem to be short

Only testing will prove me wrong or right. But it struck me as interesting that there is a tight group in front of the P IV.

Actually, I remember that this happened in CMBB, and that it was a bug then that eventually got fixed.

Not saying that this one is too, just that gunnersman has perfectly reasonable grounds for asking the question.

Short rounds seem to have tight groupings that are directly in front of the intended target. And MOST seem to be short

As for why you are seeing the shorts and not longs, I think umlaut's explanation applies. As for the tightness of the grouping, in terms of azimuth there is an easy explanation for that too. Azimuth accuracy, especially for high velocity flat trajectory rounds, is nearly always easier than range accuracy (the exception being when you are subject to unpredictably high, gusting winds from the side). What is a little odd is that they would be grouped so closely in range. One might, for instance, expect to see the first round 20 meters short, the next one 5, and the third to either hit the target or be over. So maybe this could use a tweak, but a minor one that can wait.

Michael