Retarded @$$ Game

GHynson

I feel these are the best RTS games available.Sorry you feel that way,is there a reason you dont like it?There are so many different things you can do with the TOW games.I was frustrated when I first bought them.Now I feel they are the most realistic rts games available.

most (90+%??) of the people who buy this game, are wanting a tactical simulator, as you call it. The market is full of annoying RTS games, FPS games, etc...to which the average players are only wanting a book of "cheats" so they can quickly "win" and move on to something else. I for one am quite glad that BFC puts out games that require actual thinking and at least a entry level tactical brain to do well in,rather than a finger trained to click a mouse in a specific way at a specific speed to get a predictable result.

This kind of post down right annoys me since they are so RUDE! No constructive critism in any intelligent format, just rude, and inmature comments with no regard to the hard work that goes into making a game. Like something or, not put yourself in the position of someone who has made something, and someone said that to you. How would you feel?

This kind of post down right annoys me since they are so RUDE! No constructive critism in any intelligent format, just rude, and inmature comments with no regard to the hard work that goes into making a game. Like something or, not put yourself in the position of someone who has made something, and someone said that to you. How would you feel?

I concur with your sentiment completely. I find the tactics one must use to be successful in TOW-2 matches my understanding of history. The game is visually outstanding. The editors make is possible (not easy) to change almost all aspects of each mission - including the maps themselves. My only gripe (minor) is I cannot use the extractor to actually mod the units.

All I can say is I was thoroughly enjoying my mission making and playing of the original ToW last night. I have the whole series from BF and then bought them all again at that Steam sale because I had some issues with the editors on ToW 1 and 2.

Despite some issues with MS's ridiculous Netframework, all games thru Caen work well. Coming back to ToW 1 on a faster computer, I was surprised how good it still is. Perfect game if you don't want the micromanagement of the Cmx1 series. Several minutes in the editor and there are some pretty wild battles to be had.

The OP gave us another opportunity to remind ourselves and others what really good games these are.

You guys playing MP in the states? If so, what current version. I have been out of the game for awhile and am looking to jump back in. I loved this game but got lured away with some CM games.

Anyone ever hear of them implementing a turn replay like the CM games? I think if they put that in along with infantry control by squads instead of individual men it could give the new CMBN a run. I love the graphics and the damage model.