What a brilliant game - thank you Brit!

emptyT

Hi Brit/ all

Firstly let me say what a fantastic job you have done with this Brit. And to actually have the developer on the forum, answering questions and fixing requests is unbelievable!

This is the game I have been looking for for years! My pal and I have been playing Historyline 1914-18 since Windows 95, wishing for an updated version and then I found EOS, and prayers answered.

And then the bad news...................very depressed to hear sales are not going well but as Kelly say's, luck was not with you on the timing **** those bankers!!)

I was going to ask, how many of us are there out there who don't want EOS to die??

Are there enough of us, (presuming there are no millionaires among us) to invest in Atomicboy software with say a $20 per month investement to pay Brit's wages and keep this dream alive?? and maybe develop other projects?

I have some ideas on games that should be made, and I'm sure the rest of you do too.

Start a poll - cum on guys - who's in?

Re: marketing, what you have here is a game making kit.

What about doing a new set of images and re-launching as "Strategy Game Maker"

Most things are already customisable, add a couple more (ie: a forward repair base, road building, etc) and voila?

Have you tried getting EOS in the shops? Amazon, etc?

I think, with the deepest respect, one thing that may have put trad strat gamers off are the slightly cartoonlike graphics??

I have some new map and mountain textures I have been using. They were just knocked together quickly but if they are thought to be an improvement then they could be worked on. Email me at mark@ddept.co.uk if any of you would like to see them. I can't upload them here as they are too big doh!

Brit, if you need volunteer help with any new projects, then let me know.

So if my dream of Atomicboy2 isn't a reality, best of luck Brit and thank you.

ps. are you a Brit?

Hi Brit/ all

Firstly let me say what a fantastic job you have done with this Brit. And to actually have the developer on the forum, answering questions and fixing requests is unbelievable!

This is the game I have been looking for for years! My pal and I have been playing Historyline 1914-18 since Windows 95, wishing for an updated version and then I found EOS, and prayers answered.

And then the bad news...................very depressed to hear sales are not going well but as Kelly say's, luck was not with you on the timing **** those bankers!!)

I was going to ask, how many of us are there out there who don't want EOS to die??

Are there enough of us, (presuming there are no millionaires among us) to invest in Atomicboy software with say a $20 per month investement to pay Brit's wages and keep this dream alive?? and maybe develop other projects?

I have some ideas on games that should be made, and I'm sure the rest of you do too.

Start a poll - cum on guys - who's in?

Thanks for the suggestion, but I doubt it would make that much of a difference. Besides, I've already accepted some new work.

Re: marketing, what you have here is a game making kit.

What about doing a new set of images and re-launching as "Strategy Game Maker"

Most things are already customisable, add a couple more (ie: a forward repair base, road building, etc) and voila?

Have you tried getting EOS in the shops? Amazon, etc?

It's hard getting games into stores because they want it to move otherwise it's using up valuable shelf space that could be used to sell something else. Haven't tried Amazon, but tried Steam and GamersGate.

I think, with the deepest respect, one thing that may have put trad strat gamers off are the slightly cartoonlike graphics??

I have some new map and mountain textures I have been using. They were just knocked together quickly but if they are thought to be an improvement then they could be worked on. Email me at --- if any of you would like to see them. I can't upload them here as they are too big doh!

You could throw them onto imageshack or something.

Brit, if you need volunteer help with any new projects, then let me know.

So if my dream of Atomicboy2 isn't a reality, best of luck Brit and thank you.

ps. are you a Brit?

Thanks. No, I'm not a Brit. But, yes, my real first name is Brit (similar to "Bret").

• 3 weeks later...

I know this isn't relevant to EoS, but I thought as a new NASA contractor you might like to see my little amateur pet project!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=75230.0

It's essentially a text adventure game where you play an astronaut. Simple. I've been teaching myself python extremely slowely over many years, and i'm finally at a stage where I can complete a program!

Its not finished at all, within the week I'll finish up the basics and have a working Mercury/Vostok program. Once this is done however, it's largely entering statistics into the code rather than actual coding so it will probably advance to the Apollo stage very quickly.

I'm making it for me, it's probably going to be too simple for anyone else to like anytime soon. But i'll be putting the code up anyway on that forum as people have helped and given ideas on it.

Deadmeat

P.S. people have had some good ideas programming wise, if any of you have any ideas whether they be programming or just ideas, feel free to chip in!

I know this isn't relevant to EoS, but I thought as a new NASA contractor you might like to see my little amateur pet project!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=75230.0

It's essentially a text adventure game where you play an astronaut. Simple. I've been teaching myself python extremely slowely over many years, and i'm finally at a stage where I can complete a program!

Its not finished at all, within the week I'll finish up the basics and have a working Mercury/Vostok program. Once this is done however, it's largely entering statistics into the code rather than actual coding so it will probably advance to the Apollo stage very quickly.

I'm making it for me, it's probably going to be too simple for anyone else to like anytime soon. But i'll be putting the code up anyway on that forum as people have helped and given ideas on it.

Deadmeat

P.S. people have had some good ideas programming wise, if any of you have any ideas whether they be programming or just ideas, feel free to chip in!

Interesting. I'm sort of doing an astronaut game as well. Is your game playable? Downloadable or just on the web? I didn't see any links anywhere.

Interesting. I'm sort of doing an astronaut game as well. Is your game playable? Downloadable or just on the web? I didn't see any links anywhere.

Noway! I'm a fail hobby programmer and this is my first project, not playable yet. I've got to rework how the program selects a astronaut for a mission then add a bunch of statistics in and it MAY be playable then :D

Its getting closer though! I got this out of it today:

A suborbital mission.

Vostok 1 launching

Launch stage successful

Performing de-orbit burn

De-orbit burn successful

Performing re-entry

Re-entry successful!

• 5 weeks later...

Full support coming from Finland, we have a gaming weekend coming in few weeks. 4 pieces of full game bought, hope this helps a bit with your development. We are also advertising this to all our friends!

What a great game we all have been waiting since old Empire, classic c64/amiga game we all played a lot.

Good job, and humble thanks!

Full support coming from Finland, we have a gaming weekend coming in few weeks. 4 pieces of full game bought, hope this helps a bit with your development. We are also advertising this to all our friends!

What a great game we all have been waiting since old Empire, classic c64/amiga game we all played a lot.

Good job, and humble thanks!

Thanks for the support. Hope you have a great time!