Sales Policy: Normandy MAC OS X and Win version

IIRC, someone posted here a while back that they had CMSF running fairly well in Win98 Bootcamp on a plain 'ol Macbook, and IIRC this was for the previous generation Macbook, with an NVidia 9400M.

Well if they did, they've breached the NDA. :(

so as long as the code is optimized for OSX (which I'm sure it will be if Charles is doing the coding),

Never safe to assume.

Well if they did, they've breached the NDA. :(

I'm guessing you didn't read what I posted fully -- I said someone reported running CMSF on a Macbook in Win 98 via Bootcamp. AFAIK, this doesn't violate any NDA. After all, if I owned one, I could run CMSF on a Bootcamped Macbook right now and blab all I want about my experiences -- I have no legal obligation to keep my mouth shut.

Never safe to assume.

Thanks. Point taken. I'll keep this in mind.

I'm guessing you didn't read what I posted fully -- I said someone reported running CMSF on a Macbook in Win 98 via Bootcamp. AFAIK, this doesn't violate any NDA. After all, if I owned one, I could run CMSF on a Bootcamped Macbook right now and blab all I want about my experiences -- I have no legal obligation to keep my mouth shut.

No you are correct.

Absolutely noth wrong with running Windows CM:SF on a Mac via BootCamp (indeed there's a copy on my machine). :)

I blame it on being 0700 on New Year's Day and having just returned from "dinner". :)

• 2 weeks later...
Good news for us Macfellas. Any indications on Mac system requirements? I suspect the old intel Mac minis are doubtful, but what about the newer integrated graphic chips the NV 320M variety?

Wow, I just set up a new Mac Mini with a NVIDIA GeForce 320M, and came rushing over to Battlefront for the first time in a long time -- really, since I used to run CM1 on my old G3 laptop way back in the day. I was at first crushed to see that there isn't much of anything current and CM-ish that seems to run on OS X, but then hope sprang anew at the apparently imminent (? or at least not impossibly distant) release of CM:BM for OS X. Assuming I can get an eventual demo to run happily on my Mini, I would then instantly order CM:BM proper. I'm not much of a gamer, but I loved CM1 to death, and played it more than I think I have played any other game before or since!

• 4 months later...

Currently we have no Mac versions. CM:BN will be the first. We are still trying to figure out the best way we can offer Mac versions of CM:SF and CM:A to people who already have the Windows version. We will hopefully have an answer about this towards the end of January.

Steve

-------

I purchased PC versions of CM:SF and Marines.

I would like to purchase Mac versions of CM:BN and CM:SF and Marines.

Any advice / updates?

Buzz

MacBook Pro

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz

GeForce 8600M GT 512 MB

Memory 4 GB

Well certainly you can buy a Mac version of CM:BN that’s out already (and I have my pre ordered SteelBook to prove it).

CM:SF for Mac is still a little way off (no idea how far away) so if you need to run it now buy the bundle (with NATO, UK, etc.) and run it under Windows.

If you can wait then do so.

Certainly you wont be able to use a Windows version and run it “natively“ on a Mac (i.e. without BootCamp or Parallels or Fusion or something else).

I am in no rush. The ideal setup for my time management is to not have to reboot into 'bootcamp'. More time to relax & play around with CM.

With CM:SF for Mac still a little way off I can wait for the entire Mac versions of CM:BN + the SF bundle.

Thanks Mark.

Buzz

Well i don’t think you’ll see a “CM:BN + the SF” bundle just in case that‘s what you meant (or at least not for a long time when its in some bargain bin).

There is CM:BN for Mac now.

There may / will be a CM:SF product for Mac later.

Two products.

I suspect you meant that but just being “crystal“ for anyone else read this. :)