To real-time or not to real-time? That is the question.

I almost exclusively played WeGo when the game first came out, but moved to RT sometime after the Marines module was released.

WeGo Advantages:

-Much easier to control formations separated across the map, or larger formations

-Able to review the action

-I find it makes you plan better, as you have to consider your moves for the next minute or so

-Able to react to overwhelming situations better. For example, on missions where you are being constantly bombarded with artillery, it's quite easy to miss spotting rounds in RT

-Immersion factor, it's like being a commander giving orders and then watching your men follow them through.

RT Advantages:

-Granular control of vehicles makes their use FAR more effective, especially doing 'shoot and scoots' against ATGMs

-Granular control of squads make them more effective

-You don't waste anywhere near as much time doing missions because you do not need the action phase to end to issue new orders or change orders

-Shorter IRL play time

-Bad moves aren't punished nearly as badly as WeGo

-Immersion factor, one could argue squads aren't as dumb as the tacAI and thus they can react better in RT under your control

WeGo used to be a huge pain back in the day, but the TacAI is considerably better at path finding, surviving, and not running through stupid doors which make WeGo a lot more enjoyable now. Having said that, when I go back to it, yes watching the action is definitely fun (and allows you to watch the battle instead of focus on fighting it), I just miss the granular control.

RT is definitely not 'wrist twitch' like RTS games, given the fact you can pause and issue orders. In fact, the only key you need to press is the pause key, and you can take a breather and plan just like WeGo (TCP/IP games notwithstanding)