Alliance of Evil Scenario

Hello,

I spent much of my Christmas break playing the Alliance of Evil scenario in SCGW. It's been fun and a unique twist on history. I'm playing the allies. France has held by the skin of it's teeth. The Americans are now firmly in place to save her, as well as the wine, women and cheese. The Russians have amassed a huge army in the east but can't get past the Chinese in Peking after an initial blitz through Manchuria. The Chinese also benefit from American and Japanese carriers/battleships that are pounding the Russian masses.

Now, here is where I have a question about playability and options to the game. I have landed Japanese armies in China to support her in the west. However these armies cannot reinforce or upgrade in china, not even in cities. Likewise, the American navy cannot reinforce/upgrade in Japanese ports. Why is that? Can't there be scripts/options made that allow for better Sino-Japanese-American cooperation?

Cheers

Geofighter

Hi Geofighter

It's great to hear that you've been enjoying playing this scenario!! :)

I think the answer is that Japan isn't set to co-operative, and the solution would be in the editor to click on Campaign; Edit Country Data; Japan and then under Status (the second heading from the right) click on the co-operative button. Click ok in the bottom right.

You'll then have to save your edited scenario with a new name, so click File; Save as. This should fix it!

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your reply. I'll do that. Same needs to be said for China too. It doesn't let American planes resupply on it (Imagine that!)

I noticed something else. In 1947 the U.S./Britian have conquered Germany and U.S. troops are right next to the Maikop(spelling?) oil field in Russia. The space is not occupied. However, not matter how the U.S. troops try to enter the space the Soviets must have created a secret "force field" wall to protect them as the American's cannot enter it.

Any suggestions?

Cheers and Happy New Year!

Geofighter