HQs Rating vs Experience

I know I can probably see this somewhere in the formulas, but I'm lazy, so here goes.

If I have two HQ's, one with high rating and the other with high experience but less rating, which one boosts the performance of it's attached units better?

Example: in a recent game I had two German HQ's fighting on the western front. One had a rating of 6 but was a veteran unit with 5 iron crosses. The other was a fresh one straight from the military academy, but got good grades there and ended with a rating of 8. I found myself asking myself which one was better to lead key units in aggressive maneuvers against the enemy and when testing slightly, I could not see that much of a difference, but then again my research wasn't very scientific.

So anyone here know this stuff by heart?

If I understand it right HQ command rating is half the worth of HQ experience. The formula is shown in your Extras folder/Science of SC. So take the Veteran HQ. But that is only for Readiness. For more Losses you should focus on experience by the single unit. 1.6 iron crosses means on point more loss to the defender! Same other way round, 1.6 iron cross for the defender unit means one point more loss to the attacker. (100 % Readiness conditions)

he means sack/ replace or in real terms shoot/poison/send to the gulag etc. It's an option for HQs. you can upgrade to a better HQ for a cost eg get rid of Bock and get Manstein in. IMHO its not that much value for one of the sides but of huge use for the other.

Upgrades can be useful - if you are fighting a long way from home with just one HQ its good to make sure you have a decent commander. I just upgraded a Japanese HQ in China vs Jollyguy - would have taken an age to walk a better one there.

I guess HQ experience stays same - seems fair if the expertise is largely in general staff and logistics.

Presumably it can be used to return Von Manstein and Zhukov from the dead pile fast too? As there were only moderate casualties from generals and other commanders in WWII (Admiral Yamamoto apart) guess thats not so silly. Your choice is to rebuild a whole command structure or attach a general to an existing one. Guess its expensive - I assume upgrades do not get half price rebuilds.

Its a minor feature but an interesting detail.

This is a nice feature, like Colin says, it can be explained in rational terms as acceptable to relieve a commander of his duties and replace him with a more competent one.

Personally, I don't use it that much, but on occasion it can be most helpful with a troublesome situation, for a little extra edge, sometimes just enough to turn the tide.