Idea For Multiplayer-simple WEGO substitute

Is it too late to put an extra feature for online MP? I was thinking of how to make coordinated moves in non pause RT and came up with an idea based on my MP experience. How about add an option where you can plan multiple moves for different units that are not immediately excecutable but will start going with the push of an "execute" button. With no pause, just in rolling online play.

For instance, now you click on a tank, plan a chain of move orders and all are excecuted after some secs. But you cant have another tank or two move at the same time, unless you are impossible fast. So, you cant actually plan a platoon of tanks moving in a proper formation. Accuracy of any inf plan will be crap too.

How about having a single button like "GO". when you press this, the UI system adds your orders to a que. You press again and orders are "released", so you can have your tanks or inf move at the same time. Does this sound simple enough? When the GO button is not pressed orders can be executed as before (on the fly) It's not a game pause, but an "orders pause". But it ultimately can have the same results, with less programming. This maybe can keep some WeGoers happy? It will be like turns inside a real time game..

This will also have the extra benefit that you wont have infinite time for planning ridiculously precise coordinated moves because the game will be in running mode, so you will also have to respond to things happening. Also, the "Stop/Go" Button can have a timer to avoid overuse or a max units ordering limit. You wont be allowed to orchestrate a battalion sized attack with the accuracy of a Bolsoi ballet but you will be able to make simple platoon/company manuevers and plan things on more than one part of the map.

I would like to be able for instance to move my jumbo sherman on the crest of the hill to act as a bait for that german cat, while at the same time sneak up an M-10 tank destroyer to flank it. Its hard to do this succesfuly with the current system.

1.Yes, probably too late but why not have this feature for later release as long as Wego seems years away.

2. Well, its not the same really. Group/Platoon move is a very crude way to give multiple orders. Its only useful for moving large chunks of forces when they are out of enemy LOF. I'm talking for more precision and some more synchronized planning options for Online RT.

This can be as simple as a space bar "universal pause/unpause". You want to plan something more complicated than driving your panzer around? Press space, plan your moves and nobody will move unless you say so! (press space bar again). Double scenario time for RT online will take care of the other things (20-30 mins is too short to even study the terrain properly) and maybe pause, time points and gamey headaches will not be necessary anymore..

Possibly, except the space bar is already in use for something else.

So you are already asking for a feature change.

Besides many people think that enough effort has already been spent keeping the RT fans happy and that effort should be devoted to "fixing" WEGO for TCP/IP, not delepong a "third way".

But that's not even an effort. I could code this in a day. There is already pause for each unit, this will just make it "group pause" but in an easy, straight forward way. You seem to think too much all or nothing and we all know TCP/IP WeGo might never make it in the series. I'd prefer a 3rd way than nothing.

And what has been done to keep RT fans happy besides making the game...RT? It took over 2 years to fix huge TCP/IP issues like lagging and teleporting units and some bugs still remain. And you cant even answer the phone when playing online since there is no pause.