EoS Messenger

hoolaman

My current PBEM game was not updating events in EoSM for some reason, so I deleted the game from the messenger, but now I can't for the life of me work out how to get it back on there.

Also, EoS Messenger does not give the types of events like you see in the in-game event logs eg. "message" or "turn updated". It only shows a exclamation mark icon like an error <!>. I believe it is actually supposed to show event types isn't it? This would be extremely useful.

My current PBEM game was not updating events in EoSM for some reason, so I deleted the game from the messenger, but now I can't for the life of me work out how to get it back on there.

Also, EoS Messenger does not give the types of events like you see in the in-game event logs eg. "message" or "turn updated". It only shows a exclamation mark icon like an error <!>. I believe it is actually supposed to show event types isn't it? This would be extremely useful.

I think I have an idea what might've caused that. I've been meaning to get back into the EOS Messenger code. I guess I'll have to now.

The new messenger should allow you to add games back onto the list. Do you still have the game's name, player number, and password? If not, contact me and I'll get you the information.

Also, on the main interface, the event count does appear with the <!> symbol. You need to click on the game in order to see more details about the events.

Let me know if the new messenger is working for you.

I don't know what is meant by "password". My game key has five digits listed after the game name, but I don't recall putting in a password?

I can't really test out the events yet.

The four digits after the game key are a temporary password. After the temporary password is used, it stores an 8-digit password. You generally aren't aware of the password because it's stored internally. The game uses the password to prevent other people from accessing the events if they aren't that player - it's an anti-cheating thing. When you remove a game from the EOSMessenger, it gives you the information (the player-key e.g. "MyGame-Dec01-P01" and a password e.g. "32142434"). You'll need that information to add that game back into the EOS Messenger. It sounds like you don't have it, so I'll look it up on the server. Just email me with the name of the game and your player number, and I'll send you back the password.