Read me for mission editor for 1.3 patch ?

CharlieChap

I cannot seem to find any information about the editor.

It appears to work ok, looks nice, and appears pretty powerful but I cannot find a read me ? (is there one and I have not noticed it ? Where should I look ?)

I have played around editing missions into the campaign XML in the past before an editor and presumably this is how we will have to add missions ?

Its great to have an editor now anyway. This turns KOTS from a bit of a 'lame duck' into a really versatile title at last :)

Thank you

Found these but I get a blank page when opening them with Firefox

(or internet explorer ...:-(...)

(is there a setting I should enable to view what they link to ?)

Has anybody else had any luck with these ?

Blank pages here too ... I'm using Chrome.

Joe

They worked all right for me.. Both help files. Using I.E. 8.

I tried that too but still no luck ... and both files are showing as a measly 1 KB.

I may have to DL them again because the editor is doing me no good at all without some instructions on how to use it.

Joe

Same situation here. The files contain no information. Please post the help files seperately.
I like that idea ... frankly I'm a bit bummed out. I saw that the patch was out last week when I was out of town on business but figured I could work on it this weekend ... no such luck and now I'm out of town again for a few days.

Joe

Hmm, looks like a bug in the patch itself. The files show fine in the SouthGambit installer, but I am able to duplicate the problem (1 KB files) with the Patch.

We'll update the patch, I've alerted Akella about the issue.

Hmm, looks like a bug in the patch itself. The files show fine in the SouthGambit installer, but I am able to duplicate the problem (1 KB files) with the Patch.

Thanks Moon, appreciate it.

Joe

I am also getting blank pages. Can this be because I have the German version (rondomedia) of the game?

How do you
use
IE8 to download the files...?

Just make sure that you have IE loaded rather than your usual browser, go to the page Moon linked to at the top of this thread and click on the Hotfix link ... it will download the hot fix into your PT Boats installation.

From that point I just clicked on the HTML links to the instructions and, since I'd downloaded it in IE, it automatically loaded the HTML pages in IE and I was able to view it.

Joe

Hi, Croy - which version of the PT do you have...?

I have Southern Gambit.

How do you
use
IE8 to download the files...?

I never stated that I used IE to download anything. I was responding that I was able to open the two mission editor .HTML help files using I.E. 8 without any issues.

I have Southern Gambit.

I never stated that I used IE to download anything. I was responding that I was able to open the two mission editor .HTML help files using I.E. 8 without any issues.

Thank you, all - in the meantime the 1.4 patch was up and that solved it....
:)

Thank you, all - in the meantime the 1.4 patch was up and that solved it....
:)

Yes ... but understanding it may not be so easy ... does anyone else notice that the file "MissionCreation.html" seems to be truncated ... not to mention a bit confusing?

Joe

• 5 weeks later...

My help tab in the Editor section is blank too. Can anyone tell me under what folder or file name I should save created games under? And then once it is saved, where do I find the created game in the game itself so that I can play it? PT Boats seems to be pretty good, BUT they should have added a quick mission builder in the game as a selection, just like the multi-player and campaign selections.

Thanks for any help!

Download and install the PT Boats 1.4 Hotfix (after applying the 1.3 patch). If the Help text still doesn't appear, then try to open the following files (for a 32-bit version of Windows):

'\Program Files\Battlefront\Akella\PT Boats\EDITOR\MissionEditorHelp.html'

and

'\Program Files\Battlefront\Akella\PT Boats\EDITOR\MissionCreation.html'

If after applying the 1.4 patch you cannot find these files, then please open a ticket in the Helpdesk and we will email them to you.

The 'MissionCreation.html' file specifies the very basics of the process of creating a new mission. For your user created missions you will be creating a new folder with Windows Explorer file manager (not within the PT Boats editor itself), for example 'My_Missions'. You will probably NOT want any spaces in the folder name that you choose :

'\Program Files\Battlefront\Akella\PT Boats\GameData\MISSIONS\My_Missions'

Then you will have to edit an XML file with a text editor such as NotePad or some other plain text or XML capable editor:

'\Program Files\Battlefront\Akella\PT Boats\GameData\LOCALE\en\missions\episodes.xml'

Text can be copied from another mission and then edited for your new mission in this 'episodes.xml' file. It's quite a manual process, but this is the way that it is done with the PT Boats editor.