I've Ordered South Gambit But Too High S & H

AKAGI

Firstly to emphasise that I am a collector so have no use for just a download of South Gambit.

I've just ordered South Gambit here in the UK paying $35 - not too bad when compared with the cost of PT Boats - but I was absolutely amazed when I found that I am expected to pay a wopping $20 on top just to have it sent to me by DHL. Why not standard USPS / Royal Mail whatever???. You are putting over an extra 50% of the cost of the game!!!!!!

As I say I have ordered the game but really RESENT This charge just to send a CD/DVD!!!! I must confess that with the order form open with my credit card on screen I was surfing in a seperate browser window to see whether the original PT boats had hit the mainstream retail sights - if it had, with that S & H, Battlefront would have lost my business.

I am certain that others will just not bother. Battlefront needs to rethink this, surely.

Hi!

There isn't anything to "rethink" because we need to charge what it costs us to deliver the game to you via mail. It's $10 in the US, and $20 for Europe (and other locations lie in between these two). $20 translates to about EUR 12-15, depending on the exchange rate. Not a whole lot if you consider that you are paying for Shipping AND handling.

My apologies. I don't mean that you are making a profit out of the S & H but I order a LOT from the US and I have a thousand times more trust in the reasonableness and reliability of your good old USPS. It would definately be cheaper.

We are shipping with USPS for domestic and many international orders. We are using Deutsche Post (parent of DHL) in Europe mostly. But keep in mind that the actual postage is only one part of the cost to get the game to you. The S&H you are paying includes the "H" which is handling, and tha accounts for at least 50% and often more of the cost. Someone has to process, pack, declare and send out the order you are placing. That's a considerable cost. At $10 for US domestic orders and EUR 12-15 (depending on the current exchange rate), we're definitely competitive, and like I said, it simply isn't possible to do it cheaper anyway.