Why should I buy ToW???

treadhead46

I'd say try the demos - if only to test the specs/performance & watch

esp. those made by players. (The advertising videos are great for showing software capability but don't show you what it's like to actually play so much.)

At the current price point I found these games to be very good value.

I still play ToW1 some 3 years on, even though it has less eye-candy & some quirky triggers in the missions (things improved upon in later games) as it is such good fun yet slanted towards simulation.

I play wargames. Only other games I have installed are CMSF, Histwar (non-bfc) & Achtung Panzer Kharkov (non-bfc) if that's anything to go by! :):P

Ironically, I finally deleted CMBB from my hard drive yesterday. I am still going to play CMAK though! I have become a bit too lazy to deal with the micromanagement required of the CM1 series, despite their fidelity.

I still play TOW 1, but more for fun than serious simulation. I will typically load up one of the many scenarios in the extended editor, add some tanks and what-not, and let 'er rip.

TOW 2 Afrika/Centauro and Kursk/Caen seem to up the ante. These are, IMO, easy to play (maybe too easy), but great fun. I couldn't imagine being without them, and the latter should appeal to most grognards, I think.

Best to you