modding type question

Well I gotta call on the Big guns for help here. I can't get those little soldier sprites on the bottom of the pic below to appear. If I create a new unit/human, detachment, and skin, where is the reference that will populate those missing soldier pictures? Is there a path to them, do I have to add it to an ini file. Should I extract the file and rename it? I'd be happy using an existing one but its not just a line in the parts.ini.

sorry I kinow its not the modding forum but I'm hung up on this.

faceset.jpg

I was missing the infantry_mat, infantry.rect and infantry.TGA, and added to the fileslist to extract. So now my models folder looks like what you posted. BUT these files made no difference. I suspect they are the frame and flag.

What file is the little soldier sprite and which ini file points to it.

Appreciate your help. thanks.

The tga is soldier sprite with wounds ( red parts in wounded soldier ) Try to rename kursk1943_infantry.* with your new directory/unit name, example kursk1943_waffen... then if nothing change you have to modify data/units/detachment ( unit and parts.ini ) . I made something similar , i don't remember how i made it :) , but it worked.

Ok now we know that the data files ( ini files ) are not correctly modified. Keep the 3 model files modified as i said.

First Data\units\human\ger\kursk1943_waffenss(or as you named the directory)\unit.ini -> modify name line as model directory

Data\units\human\ger\kursk1943_waffenss\parts.ini -> modify name line and

MeshName line as model directory

keep officer name line and mesh name line as they are.

Data\units\detachment\ger\kursk1943_waffenss_detachment\unit.ini -> modify name line as kursk1943_waffenss_detachment

and then also parts.ini you must modify crew0*_unit with Data/Units/Human/Ger/Kursk1943_waffenss