Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

missing vehicles

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps you should've been more clear as to what you are seeing? Or not seeing, as may be the case.

I've heard of invisible Humvees, that arose from improperly applied patches/modules IIRC. Could be something similar, though it's a bit odd that the campaign seems to be the only place you see it. Have you checked if everything has installed in the correct location?

Hate to give the standard advice, but have you tried re-installing?

Yes, I suspect if you could mention which battle in which campaign (NATO ships with three after all) it might help.

Same same identifying which of the "certain vehicle types" might be helpful.

Also which version are you using?

The more detail you provide the more likely it is that it can be replicated and if it can be replicated someone can tell you if / when it will be fixed.

I'm also not sure what the reference to "British Recce" troops is all about since there aren't in any NATO campaigns?

Any campaigns with WMIKs, TUMs, Wolfs. They are present in the first battle, but do not carry through to the next battle in the sequence. British Recce Troops in the MSG therefore have no vehicles. German AT units similarly. This problem only arose when NATO was downloaded and installed (as a download, not from CD). The problem persists in Campaigns I design myself - the vehicles are there when created, when played in the first battle - and then subsequently vanish.

I have no idea why. Cannot be a Mod (the Wolfs are unmodded and still vanish). I cannot see it in the three Campaigns with NATO because such units are not included in the initial Core mix (ie, playable from Game One). I think that, if you do, they will vanish by Battle Two and thereafter.

I am trying to go through other Campaigns to discover a start posit with such troops.

As far as I know there are no UK troops in any of the three NATO campaigns (the whole idea being that you weren't forced to buy the UK module to run the NATO one). Or is what you are really say is that after you "upgraded" to NATO and then tried to replay an earlier UK campaign this happened?

And the version you are running is ....?

To Gibsonm:

I know there are no British troops included in the NATO mix. As a result, the NATO module has affected the previous modules, which was what I thought I had made clear. It has the same effect on the Wolf within the NATO module.

I am running 1.30 and will install the 1.31 patch (thanks for the sensible advice Schrullenhaft) and get back to you.

Well, I wouldn't know whether the 1.31 patch solved the problem - because the patch rendered the Units section into gibberish (Fishbed Jagdpanzer Btn anyone?). And, yes, I checked all the boxes for all the modules. Reinstalling the NATO module (ie back to 1.30) brought everything back to normal.

It seems I am fated to be fecked with this NATO module.

Well I'll bow out but my only reason for asking which version you had was to suggest installing 1.31 (but there would be little point in doing so if you already had).

I was just trying to define the problem before offering some help.

It does however sound like you may have incorrectly installed the patch.

But anyway, the Tech Support cavalry have now arrived so good luck

The corrupted descriptions were in the units sections, even in those scenarios re-loaded in the editor - even the nation flags were gone, replaced with random gibberish (including, revealingly, jagdpanzer and Puma, which must have something to do with the upcoming Normandy mod). I say 'were gone' because removing every mod I had permitted the download of 1.31, as you thought. This (or the removal of mod/s) has ended the gibberish problem and also fixed the missing vehicles problem. All I have to do now is work out, by trial and error, which of the many mods - building, sound and vehicle - is the culprit. Or culprits. Thanks for your help - I will get back to you.

The only mods I have not tried out are a Eurobuildings mod and the new Korean mod - I will get back to you re the text corruption if I find it. The missing vehicles problem has not been solved, sadly. I am on Mission 3 of a small Campaign I devised and have discovered that both the Wolf vehicles for a German 4 Coy unit (Wiesel TOWs and Rh202s) have been lost. The parent unit of this 4 Coy was a Core unit, though the 4 Coy was not activated until Mission 3 (ie effectively deleted from the start mix, but undeleted for Mission 3) Not sure if that has a bearing on the problem.