Windows 7 & OpenGL

Liebchen

I tried to run the Afghanistan demo, but got an error message relating to OpenGL. (I'm at work now and can't recall the exact wording.) I have been running CMBB and CMAK just fine on this machine. I tried searching for OpenGL references in this forum, but found only a reference to my video driver. I checked last night and my video driver is the latest.

Anyone have any ideas on what's going on?

CMBB and CMAK are older, DirectX games. CMSF and CMA are newer OpenGL games, so they are not comparable unfortunately (completely different graphics APIs and support for them).

You will need to find out which video chip/video card you have in your computer/laptop. There's a possibility that you have a chip that has minimal-to-no OpenGL support. The Intel integrated video chips should have the necessary support for CMSF and CMA, but some others like SiS, VIA/S3, etc. may not have fully functioning OpenGL drivers (that are typically incorporated into the video driver).

If you have a desktop, then you may need to purchase a better video card (if your computer can be upgraded). If you have a laptop, then most likely CMSF and CMA will not be playable on it.