New file at the Repository: Nupremal World.zip (2010-11-21)

• 2 weeks later...

[Different Issue]

Now perhaps I'm missing something, but why can't I cross the international date line (before war is declared) as the Japanese, to go and I don't know, bomb Pearl Harbor or something? I'm specifically talking about the ones which lead to Midway in the North Pacific. If the intent was to make the Eastern Pacific a Japanese-free lake, that is a bizarre design decision.

And then I go to find the American BB's at Pearl (declared war and turned off fog just to check it out), and they aren't there-aren't anywhere actually.

Its the order scripts run. Nup put in a script to pop up BBs for the USA when war is declared. The problem is the script only executes after the turn ends. So if you are Japan and move the CVs to strike them they arent there *GASP*

So then one would think, ok just place the BBs there, duh!

Well in Human vs Human the human can move his BBs to safety anyways.

So then one would think, ok just penalize them if they move the BBs, duh!

Well the mobilization scripts dont distinguish between BBs and DDs. So any human player can simply swap the BBs for DDs.

More answers require a $5 deposit in my personal party account.

hehe you have it right Big Al.

Ok you can only move across when you own the loop name, so the Japs can move using their loops they own - Majuro, Eniwetok, etc...

Second, if you send your fleet there at say, 75-80% usa activation, and then the 85% hits and you do Pearl, the ships will be there and should be easy pickings to finish off.

I don't see a way, in game, to tell if a loop is "mine" or not. Very confusing; do you mean they have to own the island/city in question? Not sure how that makes sense. Note the Japanese used a northern route to approach Hawaii in the real war.

Well, I've declared war on the US (used my CVs for other things), toggled off the fog of war, and the only Pearl BB I see is the Pennsylvania, which somehow ended up in Australia. Checking out the scripts I see that a lot of the Pearl survivors are "rebuilt" later in the war.

I boggled myself with this dilemma and come up with only 2 conclusions.

#1 create a seperate minor JUST for the Pearl Harbor BBs (Allies 50%) so that way as soon as you DOW, tada, there they are.

#2 Just put BBs there and in a human vs human game you have an agreement not to move them. Its not like the USA WONT be caught cheating when December 7th comes around. The AI wont move the ships until DOW is made.

Of couse I have a special AI initiative if the Japs DONT do Pearl Harbor, muha, muhahaha!

What about making this a DE based on a condition position for the IJN CVs?

ID some tiles in the N.Pacific that the CVs must occupy for the Decision Event to fire, Japanese player either decides to attack PH or not. If not, the USN gets the appearance of BBs at PH, if so, then the USN gets the BBs later at a MPP cost to raise and refurbish the sunk BBs.

• 1 month later...
What about making this a DE based on a condition position for the IJN CVs?

ID some tiles in the N.Pacific that the CVs must occupy for the Decision Event to fire, Japanese player either decides to attack PH or not. If not, the USN gets the appearance of BBs at PH, if so, then the USN gets the BBs later at a MPP cost to raise and refurbish the sunk BBs.

I toyed with that idea also. But it takes the flavor out of physically doing it. It becomes a mathematical equation and not much fun, just my opinion.

"Yea I blasted those US battle ships with 10 CVs, WOOOT!"

*player does the victory dance topless in his room*

feels better than Decision #55

Yeah, I get it Al, but after pulling off the attack so many times in PT and now in Global, it's getting a bit long in the tooth. Besides, it takes too long to get the KB back into a suitable deployment to invest into the SRA attacks.

Further, if you really examine the PH attack, you understand that it was not that consequential to the overall unfolding of the war as far as military operations. Now if Nagumo would have launched a third / fourth attack on the base facilities, then we might have something. How about incorporating that "what if" into the strategy?