Maybe you guys can figure out this

nik mond

I created a new unit and detachment but its not showing up. If I rename the Kursk\Data\units\human\ger\Kursk1943_Sniper Folder to....... Kursk\Data\units\human\ger\Kursk1943_WaffenSS then the proper detachment shows up but in the sniper skin not the waffen skin. So the problem is in the parts.ini file in the above folder. I even know what line causes the problem but I don't know why. Its the MESH NAME?

[Human_Kursk1943_WaffenSS]

Type Human

Name Kursk1943_WaffenSS

HumanName01 Name.Ger.Male

HumanLastName01 LastName.Ger.Male

RankSet ger

SkelName models\human\sk_0\skel.ske

[HumanSkin_Kursk1943_WaffenSS]

Type HumanSkin

Name Kursk1943_WaffenSS

RankType Soldier

Date1 01.01.1939 31.12.1945

MeshName :confused:models\human\sk_0\ger\Kursk1943_WaffenSS\body.msh:confused:

Camouflage 2

FaceSet01 FaceSet_Ger_Kursk1943_Sniper

I have the skin in: Kursk\models\human\sk_0\ger\Kursk1943_WaffenSS

complete with body.msh and dds so that's OK.

I updated the filesID ini with a new unit and the new detachment.

I updated the UTF8 file with the new detachment.

I do have a Kursk1943_WaffenSS skins and msh file in the models folder. Is there another pointer I'm missing? I did this in TOW1 but the pointers maybe different in Kursk.

With not showing up you mean there isn't the unit in the mission or there isn't the icon unit in mission preparation (when you choose mission units)?

In the first case are you sure you have all directory "models\human\sk_0\ger\..." files ? Also body_mip_1.mat etc ?Are your dds files in the right format ( compatible with game )?

the mission starts but nobody's there. I am missing any file that goes along with a new model / unit because I'm only as good as the fileslist as i update it.

My dds are good as the skin works ingame as a sniper but not as a new unit. Mission preparation in the editor is OK too,the new unit is in the editor.

I appreciate your help. Do you know the path and files for the mip and mat files. I have to add them to the list and extract them. Thats probably it.

models\Human\sk_0\ger\Kursk1943...\body_mip_1.mat

models\Human\sk_0\ger\Kursk1943...\body_mip_2.mat

models\Human\sk_0\ger\Kursk1943...\body_mip_3.mat

models\Human\sk_0\ger\Kursk1943...\body_mip_4.mat

models\Human\sk_0\ger\Kursk1943...\body_mip_5.mat

models\Human\sk_0\ger\Kursk1943...\head.ini

models\Human\sk_0\ger\Kursk1943...\head_mip_1.mat

models\Human\sk_0\ger\Kursk1943...\head_mip_2.mat

models\Human\sk_0\ger\Kursk1943...\head_mip_3.mat

models\Human\sk_0\ger\Kursk1943...\head_mip_4.mat

models\Human\sk_0\ger\Kursk1943...\head_mip_5.mat

do you have spec files? Anyway they are

models\Human\sk_0\ger\Kursk1943...\spec1.dds

models\Human\sk_0\ger\Kursk1943...\spec2.dds

models\Human\sk_0\ger\Kursk1943...\spec3.dds

models\Human\sk_0\ger\Kursk1943...\spec4.dds

Thanks again! Obviously by the pic below we are getting closer. Now Heer scout teams and Waffen scout teams no longer have to share Data:D

One teeny problem I'm missing the pic of the little soldiers from the bottom of the screen when you select the squad, its in the pic below.

2scouts.jpg

missingq.jpg

Got it all figured out now, Everything works Thanks. My plan is to create some feld gray uniforms and some different camos and create a new branch of infantry that does not affect any existing unit. The stock game artwork and models are excellent so I wouldn't want to change those.