Weird LOS issues

Okay, having spent some time on the campaign I've discovered a few weird little problems which is making the experience somewhat of a mixed bag.

Here's the first thing. Two Mark IV's, one plain to see advanced forward and into my firing line - I eventually knocked him out and killed the crew. But the other, is immobilised within the hedgerow - I can see him clear as day but I cannot get LOS at all. My tank will simply not fire at it! I've tried moving my tank around the Mark IV. Fortunately he ran out of main gun ammo, so I have been able to spend some time on this. But I cannot kill it.

5183764067_495f1dd86f_b.jpg

Look how close we are!

German tank could see me, hence the immobilised Churchill in the distance there. My tank could see him. I eventually got this one to immobilise the Mark IV and waited for him to run out of AP which he did quite quickly.

My tank had a green LOS line to the target but no target recticle so he wouldn't direct fire. I tried target ground, and he switched to HE and fired at the ground :) I eventually knocked him out with a single AP round, but it took quite some time which was ridiculous everything considered. There was only one place around the entire tank where I could get direct LOS and that was directly in front of him, even though in that screenshot you can see for yourself the proximity of both tanks and how the enemy tank is seen. Yet this tank had advanced forward slightly, let's not forget that point, so he wasn't even in his original surroundings. It was just some random hedge causing this blockage. I don't think something is working exactly as intended here, or if it is, it's damn complicated!

Don't know if this is relevant and if my memory is accurate but the patch listed as for the Steam version only included a fix enabling a tank to fire at something the gun could hit even if it could not see it. I recall some problems I had in a similar situation, the gun would not lock onto the target when all the indications were that it should. I'm not convinced that the Steam patch is the same as the last Battlefront patch.

Don't know if this is relevant and if my memory is accurate but the patch listed as for the Steam version only included a fix enabling a tank to fire at something the gun could hit even if it could not see it. I recall some problems I had in a similar situation, the gun would not lock onto the target when all the indications were that it should. I'm not convinced that the Steam patch is the same as the last Battlefront patch.

Hey that's interesting - that would rectify this problem! I've got the direct-download BFC version, as are all of my BFC games. My Caen is version 1.5. I thought Sneaksie said the two were the same. I can't really continue this until it is fixed as it puts me at a disadvantage.