Purchased Caen...but did not know:

Sfox28

Well, I purchased Caen last night but did not know that you could only play as the Brits! The mission generator will also NOT let you generate a game as Germans! This is very un-like the TOW I like! Any answers to this quandary? I would not have purchased the expansion if I would have known that I could not play BOTH sides! Also, getting bounced to the desktop most of the time seems to be a regular occurrence when playing TOW 2 Kursk and Caen. Any reasons for these questions? I've been a TOW supporter since the beginning...but I'm getting tired of the lack of common sense involved with trying to play this game!

FRUSTRATED!!!

from Caen page :

"In Battle for Caen, players control units of the British 11th Armored Division during Operations "Epsom" and "Goodwood" which took place from June 26 to July 19, 1944. Get ready for strong opposition though from the forces of the 2nd, 21st and 1st SS and 12th SS Panzer Divisions and witness even more spectacular battles involving dozens of impeccably modeled AFVs and hundreds of soldiers."

:D

Yes it is certainly possible to play either side with Mission Generator and also with the Simple Editor (which I really appreciate for creating any small scale actions where you can really experiment with tactics and have the time to appreciate really watching the unfolding of small scale battles and not have to juggle so many situations---for those suffering slowdowns with large scale battles this problem also disappears with small scale encounters with fewer units involved )

As I mentioned in another thread...I found the problem...and it was silly! When I installed Caen I made a new shortcut, that shortcut was the problem...I didn't realize that the original start-up shortcut from the Kursk '43 brought in all the Caen expansion and that is where you go to start and run the game! I didn't realize that it was that simple! Pardon em wha...LOL!

I'm just another dumb-s$#t NOT PAYING ATTENTION to some of the simple details!

Mahalo, to all who tried to help.....

• 4 months later...

If I understand well, it is possible to play the british only on Caen maps with the mission generator? This is a really annoying feature, as it is impossible to use all the maps available in the game.

I suppose that to get rid of this restriction, one has to edit the local/en/maps.ini file and add all the maps to the list, but I could'nt extract this file from Caen and modify it.

How is it possible to use user created maps in the game?

If I use one of my user created maps in the mission generator, when I select the Germans, in the OOB screen I can select only british units and a few panzer III...