Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Odd Lock Up Problems

I recently upgraded my system to a:

1.2 Mhz Athalon 256K Micron

Geforce2 Ultra with 650 drivers

Soundblaster Live! Value

I am running Directx 8.0a

I was getting exception errors from the Internet Explorer bar. But I believe I fixed that. Now the machine locks up about 10 minutes into play with the mouse going first, then the screen blanking and a bunch of horizontal green bars appear at the top of the screen. Any help would be appriciated as CM is the main reason I bought the machine. Just don't tell my wife that!

I am still having the blue screen errors. I have isolated them to the area of the registry responisble for Internet Explorer Bars? Any ideas why? I have Upgraded to the latest I.E. and still get the same errors. I would love to unistall IE but ME doesn't seem to let you!

How did you isolate the problem to Internet Explorer Bars ? Have you run the registry check and system file checkers (I can't recall where they're at in ME, Program Files > Accessories > System Tools > System Information or somewhere there abouts > the options may be buried in the Tools menu) ? One problem with the system file checker is that it may come up with a lot of inconsitencies that may not be accurate.

I assume that you're having problems with your computer in general and not just with CM ? If you leave your computer on for a half hour or just browse the Internet does your computer lock up ? If there's a certain period of time that elapses before lock up, then your most likely culprit is a heat problem. Is your CPU heatsink/fan adequate to cool your CPU ?

You may also want to downgrade your video drivers to see if this helps (though 6.50 is the current official release to my knowledge). Are you overclocking your video card at all ? Is your GeForce a particular brand ?

If your problems continue you may have to back up your data files/drivers, reformat your hard drive and reinstall WinME.