That difficult?

Leandros

I just acquired PT Boats - Knights of the sea and am presently struggling through the first steps, having come to Weserübung, third stage. I am playing in
normal
mode, German side. It has proved virtually impossible to get past this stage even when I have sunk all enemy ships. Or rather, I think I have sunk all. At least, no more shows up after having cruised around the ocean for more than an hour.

Any suggestions?

I just acquired PT Boats - Knights of the sea and am presently struggling through the first steps, having come to Weserübung, third stage. I am playing in
normal
mode, German side. It has proved virtually impossible to get past this stage even when I have sunk all enemy ships. Or rather, I think I have sunk all. At least, no more shows up after having cruised around the ocean for more than an hour.

Any suggestions?

I got so fed up by trying again and again and not getting past mission 4 of the Weserübung section (even if I, as far as I can see, have fullfilled the criterias) that I went into the script (.PY), using notepad. After some fumbling I found a way to add 2 destroyers (by copying other inputs) and two MTB's to the German side, totalling 7 destroyers and 4 MTB's. After all, the Brits are on the stage with 5 destroyers, 2 cruisers and 2 MTB's.

I also found what I suspected, some of the German ships did not have autotorpedoescapemaneuvering while all the British ships had it. Going further, which I intend to, I wouldn't be suprised if most of the German ships are down-valued in their specs relative to other nations. This is something I have found in other games as well. For some strange reason it seems very important to somebody that the Germans do not win....:confused:...

Well, the result of my
small
adjustments was stunning.....But, still I am not getting past this mission.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Tweaks, including GOD mode:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166578

timetraveller

Thank you - looks rather complicated but I'll try.

Another thing - downloaded the mission editor that comes with South Gambit today. Looks a little like the SH editor but no manual or text in the help section came along so haven't been able to get it up and go as of yet. I have the PT version sold by rondomedia (German company/language). On Battlefront.com it is stated that the ME can only be used with the English version sold by Battlefront themselves. Does this mean I have to buy this version too, to make the ME to work?