Differences between SC2 (plus expansions) & Global Conflict?

Hi Hubert &BF forums!

It's been quite a long time since I'd visited Battlefront, and my hankering for fun AI (plus Bluesnews reporting on the new patch) brought me back :)

I'm still trying to figure out all the differences between Global Conflict and SC2 (plus expns) besides size. Does Global Conflict include all the scenarios from the previous two games (Pacific & SC2)? Are there units in SC2+expansions that arent in Global Conflict or vice-versa?

Is moving masses of troops now a little quicker (or easier to manage) than in the early SC2 days?

Cheers! :)

Japinard,

I think you will really love this version of SC. It's the best yet and multi-player there is no other WWII game out there that can match the strategy and planning. There are a lot of improvements but the game still feels and works like the old one.

Enjoy

Agree with abukede, this one is the crown jewel. The others you mentioned were building blocks for this one. Playability here is awesome. There's several great mods available too. I like the Standard Default Campaign (feels like SC-1), then I like Vypuero's World Mod (the full meal deal of map & units). The Hex issue is non-issue now.

Yes .ok but the differences??

i would to know them too.

i'm attempting to buy Global conflict but a woult to know if it's better than Pacific theater an why..

nb. i'm new and italian

so ,sorry for my bad english

Outside of Whole World vs. Japanese Theatre - this is why I'm asking as well :)

Hi SeaMonkey - long time no see!

Essentially it is SC2. Other than the obvious map changes and a plethora of Decision Events, the units and mechanics are what we have been accustomed to over the past years.

There are of course the custom made scenarios which I can't speak highly enough about, how well they have evolved. The betas have made sure the generic campaigns are immersive and balanced. The main campaign plays fast in relation to its size vs the old SC1 European theater, but as I stated there is more player involvement with the SC2 platform.

Its kind of hard to express the "feel" this Global Campaign has, it is such a finely tuned piece of software, devoid of the game killing bugs you get a lot of in today's PC gaming market. Being able to recreate the combat and to a degree the diplomatic atmosphere of this most titanic struggle in man's history is no small achievement, and Hubert has done a magnificent job of molding these sophisticated elements into a simple system that produces the "flavor".

Its the little things, the blockade mechanics, the sub vs convoy routines, the loops, the coordination of majors and minors on a grander scale. In short, GC really pushes your competency level at handling the SC mechanics as the strategic planning taxes your mental abilities to subvert chaos. Gotta Luv it!:cool:

thanks a lot for your replies

i ordered the game ...LOL

but i want to know if in the game there are all the game mechanics and unit implementations of the previous games like units introduced in SC-2 Weapons & Warfare, new naval mechanics introduced in Pacific Theather an so on...

i read some reviews of Global conflict and in them there is not specificed very well that...