Units stay put?

Boris Balaban

Any way the units stay where they are to fight, not move closer?

I do not undrestand why the units come out of a city to fight unless they are being bombarded. I want to stay in the city for repairs will take place.

I just had 5 of my destroyers come out to attack a 1 transport ship that had nothing in it. Now I have to tell each ship tp go back and continue with the repairs on 1 and the up grade on 3. Just lost 2 turns. This also goes for land units.

I understand that when you get attack and the enemy can out-reach you you move in to get some hits on him before you die:eek:

You should be able to achieve this by setting the field orders to neutral. Aggressive is default and it will cause your units moving towards and attacking any enemy they see.

Did not work out :( the computer parked a sub outside so I set orders to neutral and he moved a BB and almost took out 2 of my BBs while I was upgrading/repairing them.

Does the AI also know my rule set? Hope not.

Well be careful what you wish for! :)

Ships in port are very vulnerable, they are given much lower defensive numbers so if a raider gets through they will likely be killed. Near the front lines they are probably better to come out and fight, even with a few missing HP. You can also use the field orders to set them to attack stronger units or attack all bar transports or whatever.

Did not work out :( the computer parked a sub outside so I set orders to neutral and he moved a BB and almost took out 2 of my BBs while I was upgrading/repairing them.

Does the AI also know my rule set? Hope not.

I'm not sure what you'd like to have happen here. It's true that ships are more vulnerable when docked, so I suppose if an enemy ship comes after you when they are docked, then the ships should try to move forward to attack (since it gives better odds). But, in general, you don't want them to move, and you don't want them to move out and attack the enemy if other healthy ships are in the area to intercept the enemy ship, right?