Dutch Campaign

I played through the first mission.

Wouldn't say it was easy but it wasn't that tough.

Just moved half of my recce troops into spotting positions and kept them there, while moving the other half around with lots of hunt + hide commands. Got them to call in air support on the obvious targets such as the bunkers etc and calling in arty on anything else that reared its ugly head.

Once the main troops arrive i moved around the right hand side of the fort and went in through that building. I got through the mission with no red troops, a few yellow troops and 1 leopard destroyed to an extremely lucky AT-3 hit.

I played through the first mission.

Wouldn't say it was easy but it wasn't that tough.

Just moved half of my recce troops into spotting positions and kept them there, while moving the other half around with lots of hunt + hide commands. Got them to call in air support on the obvious targets such as the bunkers etc and calling in arty on anything else that reared its ugly head.

Once the main troops arrive i moved around the right hand side of the fort and went in through that building. I got through the mission with no red troops, a few yellow troops and 1 leopard destroyed to an extremely lucky AT-3 hit.

Mine went about the same way and I also went around the right side and through the building.

*************Spoiler Warning****************

But in the beginning I had some immobilized Fenneks from the numerous AGS-17s around the map. Their wheels got chewed up pretty fast but they were being shot at at a range of around 900m, leading the AGS-17s to use up most of their ammo in mostly inaccurate bursts. One Leopard also took an AT-3 hit but only had minor damage to external components and tracks.

I managed the first mission reasonably well (1 KIA and 1 of those scout vehicles trashed) but got mauled on the second (12 KIA, lots wounded, 2 Leopards and 2 CVwhatsits lost 8( ) and wasn't able to recover with the third - had few casualties but wasn't aggressive enough to score enough points to keep me in - I took the terrain objectives and thought I'd eliminated the enemy forces en route but obviously not. I'll probably do better next attempt as I get more used to the forces.

(playing on Elite, realtime, no cheaty reloading!)

But in the beginning I had some immobilized Fenneks from the numerous AGS-17s around the map.QUOTE]

I keep those Fenneks well hideen, i rushed them off to some trees or behind a house, in that mission i treated them just as (very lightly) armoured taxi for the recon troops.

If it was a night mission I might be confident enough to use its optics.

Amazingly for me I just reloaded once, got a bit over brave with a fennek when taking the fort lol.

Yeah, but their optics also give a bonus to CAS call times and I planned on using them to call Apaches on AGS and ATGM positions. I ended up only spotting a couple of enemy teams before the tanks arrived though, and only one Apache mission actually arrived by that time, so it probably would have been better using your tactics rather than the ones suggested in the briefing, in hind sight.

The main disadvantage with my tactic was that only 1/2 of the teams had binoculars, and I didn't notice that until after i'd put one team up on a rooftop without a pair of binoculars and was moving my team that had them forward lol. If i'd deployed them properly with the 2 without binoculars moving forward and the other watching over i might have been more successful and not lost that leopard lol

Just finished the 2nd mission. 5 KIA and 5 WIA and 2 fenneks lost (+2 mobility kills), not bad I thought but still enough to fail the friendly casualties param, I did force a surrender with 20 minutes left on the clock though so got a total victory. Im really glad the AI did surrender, there must have been 100 troops left in the town.

Now I'm on the third mission and my arty is empty, I was sure it said in the campaign briefing that ammo conservation wouldn't be a priority as resupply would happen between missions.