Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

NATO: Some questions on TO&E

I want to start by complimenting the Battlefront staff and Beta-test team on the new module. I am curious however about some of the things about in the TO&E we have. I assume the staff and team know what they are doing but I'm looking for some comment on the following:

In the NATO preview the Germans had the Boelkow Bo 105 helicopter listed under air support. Likewise the Canadians had the CH 146 Griffon helicopter. Neither made the final cut. Did new information arrive that caused them not to be included in the game?

On the other hand the Dutch have the Tornado strike plane which is neither in the preview or the manual so we have something extra. The Dutch are also the only new army with an attack helicopter with the Apache.

In another post someone mentioned the Germans don't use the 81 mm mortar and this corresponds with the game and manual. On the other hand the Dutch do have the 81 mm mortar in the game but not the manual. Interesting choice by the German Army.

With the Canadians we have a 81 mm mortar which is listed in the manual but also a 60mm mortar which is not listed. Also the Canadians do not have a 120mm mortar which is fine, they don't have to be a clone of the other armys but it's also an interesting choice.

Anyway I don't expect the manual to be perfect and I'm happy for the additions but it does have me looking for some designers notes.

Thanks

PS-darn, I meant to put this in the main forum.

As for the helicopters, the Griffon is a utility helicopter and not a gunship so it is outside the scope of CMSF. The BO-105, well I'm not sure why that was not included as it can carry ATGMs and as far as I know is still being used by the German Army. Though I'm not an expert on the German Army so some one may correct me on this.

steve-o

As for the helicopters, the Griffon is a utility helicopter and not a gunship so it is outside the scope of CMSF.

This is true but they did put gatling guns on it in Afghanistan. I bring it up because it was listed as being included in a preview.

True they did do that and that vastly increases the ROF they can output for sure, but its still not a gunship. Likewise the USMC uses Hueys in conjunction with their Cobras but they arent in the game. As far as I know the Canadian Army flies the CH-146 Griffon and CH-147 Chinook.

I saw it on the list too and was actually suprised it was on the list but wasnt suprised when it didnt make the final cut. THe BO-105 should have made the cut in my opinion.