Mind the Gap

The scenario author asked for feedback to be posted on the BF forum. I'm sure there will be more reviews coming in about this scenario because it is truely excellent.

The map is top-notch. Incredibly detailed, different terrain, well-thought out topgraphy: offering lots of tactical risks and opportunities.

In some blue vs red scenarios, authors try to increase the difficulty by increasing the troop ratio in favour of the enemy AI (as I do sometimes). In this scenario the number of enemy troops is quite modest. The author managed to create a challenge not by the sheer number of enemy troops, but by their clever placement. Interlocking fields of fire, etc.

Initially I felt a bit overwhelmed with the task of clearing the enemy positions. Especially considering the dense urban area in the north-east. So far I've rescued the tow POWs and am in the process of searching the compound, but I haven't dared to enter the city yet. Already I took about 15 KIA. One entire section was eliminated by an ATGM when resupplying inside an unluckily placed landrover. The other KIA were killed by small arms fire, during some of the numerous little skirmishes.

I can really recommend this scenario. Looking forward to other players feedback!

An excellent scenario. Not that easy playing in Elite Real Time. I got a Tactical Defeat, by being somehow careless on a few instances..

To help the designer, I can report a slight bug. The two pilots were freed and brought back to the start line without any incident. Yet that was not registered in the AAR. I looked at the editor and found that the hospital had to be occupied. I certainly, made a mistake pulling the few guys left, in the buildings next to the hospital objective it limit.

Another mistake on my account, I got a Jackal right next to the monument at the end of the TLR, but I was not that fast for raising the flag. Too bad.

I got the documents and Phase Line points, but the 5000 points credited to the Red for the casualties they inflicted to the Blue won the game. Blue 1000 Red 5000.

I did not get into town, besides that lone Jackal. It was nearly impossible due to my casualties

For the casualties :

Blue 136 OK Red 69, 71 KIA 145, 110 WIA 76, 1 MIA 4, 0 TkL 0, 0 AVL 7, 11 OVL 2

I shall certainly play it again, one of these days after having forgotten the Red whereabouts.

Cheers