UFC #4 Crispy (Axis) vs Rambo (Allies)

November 1941

{Egypt}

Rommel's request for air support is granted. 7th armour at El Alamein destoryed. the road to Egypt looks alot clearer.

{East Africa}

Blackshirts are reinforced but are under heavy fire from Allied air. Just East the Graf Spree raids India's ports.

{China}

Partisans appear in Foochow but die right away. Japanese are pulling out of the North supply suddenly is becoming non-existent. Chinese campaign has officially turned sour.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

January 1942

The calm before the storm.

{Europe}

Germany is master of Europe. But Russia remains a threat, we can longer delay the immenent. Something has to happen soon.

{Egypt}

The Afrika Korps reach Alexandria and damage the defending corps to 4. Air support is plentiful we nail the British HQ while we are at it.

{Indian Ocean}

Graf Spree, East Italian destroyer continue cause chaos at nearby ports. U-30 Sub still swims the South Atlantic.

{Pacific Theatre}

China is looking like a stalemate. Japanese Navy spotted near Hawaii.

Deyam! I went a year in our game with no tech or diplo hits. Operation Taffee Pull (ie: pick on the Brits) seems to be going very well here.

Very well so far. USA and Russia are making alot of MPP's even with my heavy diplomacy and just sitting on them so I have no idea what to expect in a few turns.

The USA was fed up and joined the Allies, and so did the Russians on the same turn.

{Europe}

Germans cross the border, not much to shoot at their is a defender in each of the 4 front cities and 1 entrenched corps in a fort. We kill the corps in fort and do some minor pings on the cities. It's only March so its snowing, there is no air attacks. Not very epic at all.

{Med}

Italian's strike Cairo from the air, we muck it up with defending fighters but no land advancement yet.

{Pacific Theatre}

It's raining in Burma, Thailand, DEI, Phillipines, Brunei, Solomons you name it it's raining. That doesn't stop easy landings on Brunei, Hong Kong, and Solomons. Aussie corps comes out of knowhere last turn and hops into Port Moresby in Papua New Guineau. No landing there, we take Rabul instead. Midway, Wake etc. captured, most the good stuff.

Japanese HQ lands in Soerabja (DEI) with a couple SF's and tag the defender in Batavia without carrier support. We barely take Phillipines, it comes down to the last unit to do it. US bomber stationed there killed.

Peal Harbour smashed.

[Russia] Commies hear of Iranian nuclear program of the future, the Tanks +4 tech roll, got some much needed catch-up. Pair of bad boys smash the Sunnis in Tehran. 75 MMPs plundererd & some much needed morale. Meanwhile, in the face of 6+ strong ground units in Riga, we operand 2-units out of the way.

[uSA] Stillwell flown to China. Military recruiting begins.

[England] Well, they don't have an island, so they better start planning for a new one.

[China] We love the mountains so much, nobody moves.

July 1942

{Russia}

Russians abandon the front lines except for Odessa. We simply walk into Riga, Minsk and Kiev. Hit Odessa, but mostly with minor Army's down to strength 2. The Russians are hanging back, I wonder how deep they have went.

{Egypt}

The Afrika Korps Army and Tank group take of Egypt all on their own. They surrender.

{Pacific Theatre}

Thailand is occupied. Some sloppy play ends up with my carrier under the rain by mistake, so a Dutch sub survives, both the cruisers are dead. Dutch corps still alive in the capital.

Some more sloppy play near India, the East Italian destoryer runs into South African HQ strength 3 and I mess up and don't attack.

Yes, that was one lucky HQ trying to escape the tyranny of the new owners of Egypt. An American Sub & Cruiser weren't so lucky, Cripsy set traps outside escape ports & destroyed those starting pieces. We did crack a Japanese Cruiser with no technology & less than 10 strength.....where has the Japs put their MMPs? He's average in China with no real offensive effort....repeat, where did the Jap MMPs go?

Allied Destoryer (think it's Austrialian) shows up to pop that Nazi basterd U-Boat whose been pirating the East Coast of Africa. We reduce the sub to 3, I think.

Russians have no reason to sit in front of a big pile of sledge hammer.

May 1942

{Russia}

Axis destroy Russian army in Odessa and take the city. We move troops close enough to scout Smolensk and Kharkov. It's raining again, so our air units take the week off.

{Middle East Region}

American fighters spotted in Kuwait. British Tac and Bomber spotted on the tiniest strip East of Addis Ababa, the Graf Spree and Italian destroyer try to ping but have no luck. U-30 Sub sails off from Aussie attacker.

{China}

Our Japanese attack again in the North hoping to show off new infantry weapons. But the chinese have them too. When did that happen, I dunno. We ping around, but it's messy in places.

{DEI}

Should fall next turn weather permiting.

Finland Joins the Axis

{Russia}

Germans Tanks pound Smolensk to caputre the city. German infantry capture both Russian mines in the South. A Russian cruiser is sunk North of Britain.

{Middle East Region}

The Afrika Corps aproach Khartoum, and take control over Port Sudan, while German and American fighters battle it out between Alexandria and Kuwait.

{Pacific Theatre}

Japanese take over Dutch East Indies. They turn their attention to Rangoon, sending a scout to check out the capital. Jap Bombers have leveled the city and port to supply 2 and 1. Singapore coprs nailed by carriers down to 3 strength. Some ground action in China, 1 corps dead near Chengchow, another on life support near Lanchow.

When Chinese charge. With the Japs invading the remaining part of the Pacific Rim, we decide to attack. Reduce SF to 4. Ping HQ for 2 damage. Work another Army down. Lets see how this fares. Advancing near various spots with some pitch forked partisians, etc.

Russia Destroyer pops U-boat for 4:0.

Russians chill at home, but move to 2 Tanks to look for Saddam Husiens home next turn.

July 1940

{Russia}

How deep have the Russians gone? They have forts built Rostov and Stalingrad, I'm guessing that's where they want to make their stand. The German Army clears Kursk and Kharkov of defending armies and move in. We kill the Rusisan destroyer North of Britain.

{Middle East}

Russian tanks are poised to attack poorly defended Iraq. There are amercian fighters and a British HQ over there too. This is starting to look like operation neptune (Patton Drives East).

{Pacific Theatre}

The Chinese are on the move, but without their precioius mountain holes are easy to hit. Even still though no kills, just lots of damage dished out. Singapore pounded but not destoryed. Burma offensive is delayed.

Russians blast Iraq open, British HQ take the capital in the name of political deals. Russians dig on the Volga, await new units.

Chinese continue their offensive. Pinging HQ in the North for 6 damage. Pinging couple other Armies for decent damage. It's war in China. Yes, I took hits, but I'm giving them too......it's a exhange eye for an eye.

August 1942

{Russia}

Germans cautiously approaching the Volga, where Rambo is though to make his stand. Some units ping Moscow, not a major attack though.

{Middle East}

Axis units cross the suez canal into Palestine territory and take the port.

{Pacific Theatre}

Chinese are on the charge still and we are trying to bust them up. Damage is spread across the field but again no kills just lots of damage. Jap Carriers are getting invloved with the units coming too close to the coast.

Singapore defender killed, they weren't reinforced but no Japanese landings. Japanese forces begin to ping Burma capital.

Late August 1942

{Russia}

The German Army easily marches into Mowcow and Voronezh behind, there simply is limited resitance. Russian fighers are spotted near Stalingrad.

{Atlantic}

Italian Submarine on patrol in the Atlantic bump into Aussie cruiser just East of Azores, a couple German U-boats are dispatched and bump into another. Is there something more to this? Upon further investigation a UK corps is spotted holding the Belfast port. Much to think about indeed.

{Middle East}

The Afrika Korps take control of Amman.

{Pacific Theatre}

I can't stress enough what a mess this is in China. The Chinese have forced their way out of the holes they dug around Chungking and have done so sucessfully. A Jap HQ was repeatedly nailed near Sian and has finally wiggled to safety but possibly at a cost of some of my Japanese troops still stationed in the North. I've taken Yenan, Chengchow, Foochow, and Nanning only since the war has began.

Light infantry fighting continues around Burma, and I still have not landed in Singapore.

[China] Nationalist Army continues the late Summer '42 offensive. In the Ching-Chuang Valley Japanese are attacked by Chinese Tactical Bomber, Fighter, & American Fighter......followed up by infantry charge. We KIA the Jap. Just a little bit North, top Chinese experienced Army pings Special Forces Jap, does some damage. To the East, Jap Army is holding the middle line, he's killed by multiple attacks from the mountains. Pitchfork units ping HQ.

[solomon Islands] Yankee Bombers begin the process of clearing possible landing targets for the US Marines.

[Palestine] Russian Tanks destroy the uninvited PLO in the Middle East. The formation plans of the Nation of Israel begin like Joshua at the Battle of Jericho.

[burma] We hold on for dear life. Advancing India units capture jungle cities for future considerations.

[Atlantic Ocean] Allied Destroyers & Cruisers drop depth charges on Nazi/Italian subs. Already can't remember if I got a kill, but hits where scored before they dived.

[East Africa] Reorganized & resupplied, units take the terror camp's Southern port.

[Russia] NorthWest of Stalingrad, Russian Tank occupies trench, elimates lead Nazi 10th Army. Large reinforcements placed into the Motherland.

{Russia}

German and Italian bombers get hits x3 on Russia's convoy port in the North. The Finnish cut the rail while we are at it. A corps dies near Moscow, and we mop up a Partisan in the rear.

{Atlantic}

My suspisions after seeing the Briths corps holding a port near Ireland were right! The germans send a cruiser to scope out the waters near Iceland and we run into a British corps and Army via transport. We sound the alarm and Tripitz leads an attack with subs and DD to kill both. There is a British cruiser in sight as well.

We send some some additional ships and subs to battle it out with the Aussies and Britsh DD that nearly sunk some of our u-boats near Azores. We get some hits and no kills.

{Middle East}

Syria is in Russian hands now. There are tanks x2 there and the Afrika Corps awaits.

{China}

They are coming fast and hard, we land near half a dozen new units to form defensive positions. We need to form some lines after getting sloppy.

{Burma}

Burma defender in capital reduced to 4 in infantry battle.

October 1942

{Russia}

The Germans take it easy on the Russians this turn, snow in the North means the Russian convoys continue to flow in. Small attack force tests the grounds around Rostov.

{Atlantic}

British DD killed near Iceland as the ship ran into the Tirpitz trying to sail away.

{Middle East}

Russian Tank group spotted aproaching the town of Amman. The Germans had already deserted.

{China}

The Japanese have contained the Chinese offensive. They will continue to attack but we've filled the holes. At least 3 American fighters are there for support.

{Singapore}

Japanese capture the city finally and they surrender.

{Burma}

I don't have enough commited here to take the capital, but we continue to ping.